No announcement yet.

Spence needs to separate himself from Broner, Tank etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    it is certainly true that clean living is important...and doing things that make your body strong...usually not involving the local jin and juice joint lol.

It is also an issue of mentorship. Guys like Davis, and Spence and not that much older than some of our kids...i can't speak for Spence, but knowing Baltimore and the areas here, I would be willing to bet Davis could use some strong male mentorship... Broner is not a good influence. Already watching Davis slap a phone away, etc...

Davis also looks a bit heavy as some have said. This is precisely the kind of crap that will weed out guys with the talent but who are none too bright.
    I agree, people older people who can give them a reality check and keep them focused, without that this world will eat you alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
      Supporting him is pretty strong language. Let's say I'm just not supporting Canelo.
      That's ok, small steps. You will be walking outside with your GGG hat in no time!

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        I agree, people older people who can give them a reality check and keep them focused, without that this world will eat you alive.
        So true Larry. Guys, out of prison, working hard, when given a chance, took a paycheck for a little while and then opened up a business, never looking back. If you listen to some of these guys they talk about being "laced up" by older guys who made the mistakes already and made sure they did not make the same mistakes. Even in a social setting that has racial divides, abuses of power, and danger, when men can talk with other men, even in this less than ideal setting, look at what can result.

Simply getting men to deal with things like men when so many were raised up by single women... These woman can be great, but its not the same.

Women don't handle power honorably. Fathers are destroyed because a woman can, out of spite, wreck a man's life and livlihood. Often backed up by a white well educated female attorney, egging these women on. Like its good for the kid to have the father, who is trying to make some cash, punished.

The whole system is sick and dysfunctional.Women get that chip on their shoulder...im talking female cops, female doctors, attorneys, etc. In Baltimore so many of these kids raised in this system that emasculates men, cannot even see that "slapping a phone out of a fan's hand" for example, is an impulsive, female like thing to do...And what will Gervante do when he is hit so hard he tastes his minerals and sees chrome bubbles? If he is reacting like this to a fan? Larry someone has to get these young men right...before they get exposed in the ring that is.

Comment

All I am saying is the little things add up, while you drink another guy is not drinking and working, while you party someone else is in the gym working...To be the best you have to sacrifice all that mess and remain focused...The little things separate the good from the great and the great from the elite and the elite from the ATG'S...You will never make it to immortal status trying to live a normal life!!
          True....but then some guys bloat up and come back down including ATG Roberto Duran. But then you have Hopkins who treats his body like a temple and that is most likely why besides having a great boxing brain, he was able to go for so long at a later age.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            True....but then some guys bloat up and come back down including ATG Roberto Duran. But then you have Hopkins who treats his body like a temple and that is most likely why besides having a great boxing brain, he was able to go for so long at a later age.
            do you not think Duran might have been even better with more dedication?

Comment

do you not think Duran might have been even better with more dedication?
              I'm sure he could have been, but if he had to do it all over again, I doubt he would change a thing. Obviously drinking is not good but eating great food is one of the purest joys in life and Duran enjoyed every bite and if Spence is a little heavy from enjoying himself, I'm okay with that. As long as he gets back to work when he has to, to excel and be his best. Cant be all work and no play.
              Last edited by richardt; 09-11-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

All I am saying is the little things add up, while you drink another guy is not drinking and working, while you party someone else is in the gym working...To be the best you have to sacrifice all that mess and remain focused...The little things separate the good from the great and the great from the elite and the elite from the ATG'S...You will never make it to immortal status trying to live a normal life!!

This is far to much oversight and concern from a fan.

You sound extremely and genuinely worried for him.

This site is too much sometimes....

Comment

Working...
                X