• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

im just fkin with ya lar!

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
      I've seen that as well. For the record, I've heard of the Charlos doing worse than drinking between fights, but that's neither here nor there.

Also, the Charlos have edema and struggle with it days after their fights. I've never seen them at the onset of it, but it's possible that you could've also seen them immediately after the fluids were released from their bodies.
      With their health problems I doubt they're doin coke. They may have a drink here or there (I think they're all headed to camp for fights to finish up the year so maybe it was a drink for that, lol.)

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post

A good black boxing role model would be Bradley or Porter, they are serious, committed athletes not thug wannabes like AB or Tank etc.
        ... right.....................

Comment

• Tank looked like he had a little gut. I hope it was because of the thickness of the sweater's fabric.

Charlo bros seemed to be the more composed out of the whole bunch last saturday night.
          Last edited by Afi23; 09-11-2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            Got the golovkin fight coming up soon so can't imagine it's gonna continue lol.
            I wonder if all the PBC guys will show up in Vegas?

Comment

• Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
              I know Tank has special God given talent but just look at Loma and Crawford.
              Their is no way they would get caught up in any of these situations.
              Just like Mayweather was totally devoted to his craft.
              Loma/Tank Who ya got now PBC boys?
              I'm not saying Loma or Bud do or do not but who on this board truly knows what they are up to when they go back to Ukraine and Omaha?

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Its about discipline, sure fighters can get away with some drug use but if they wanted to be at their best they would avoid it. Tyson was using coke in his prime and winning but the same discipline problems got him knocked out and because he was hanging around the wrong people ended up in prison and was never the same, he had a short prime.

Even something like only weed, look at lennox lewis, not the worse thing in the world but you can see the same discipline problem show up with him coming in out of shape and he got stopped by rahmen.

Someone with the discipline to avoid drinking and drugs is going to be more consistent. With coke, it shortened the prime of a lot of fighters. And maybe its not just the coke itself but the larger discipline problem. Guys like DLH and Hatton, ballooning up inbetween fights from partying ect.
                I think there is a difference to what Spence is doing or at least in theory what he's doing & what Hatton was doing. If Spence or any fighter is casually drinking I don't see how thats THAT much of a problem. If he's that Ricky Hatton of drinking then there is a problem.

And I think it depends on the person if its better or not when its casual usage. Some cats need to break free from the rules from time to time. Some cats need that "cheat day" so to speak. Some guys get drained sticking to the straight & narrow & it can be a negative for them in the end & hurt their focus & drive to be grinding 24/7/365.

I mean it'd almost be compared to not having ***. I mean is it better to never have *** or chasing girls as a fighter? Maybe for some guys at some times in their career, but I think if you are avoiding ***** all the time its likely to have some negative side effects with your focus. Then again if you are about the ***** all day every day thats bad to.

So basically I think there is a middle line to drive on with most things. And to me casually drinking once in a while while maybe making you look silly if the cameras catch you isn't THAT bad a thing. Its almost sure to be a marginal negative at worst & for some it'll likely be a marginal positive to break up the grind of the lifestyle that person is living 95% of the time or w/e.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  I really have high hopes for Spence but you have to keep your temple clean and remain focused to reach that "upper level"
                  it is certainly true that clean living is important...and doing things that make your body strong...usually not involving the local jin and juice joint lol.

It is also an issue of mentorship. Guys like Davis, and Spence and not that much older than some of our kids...i can't speak for Spence, but knowing Baltimore and the areas here, I would be willing to bet Davis could use some strong male mentorship... Broner is not a good influence. Already watching Davis slap a phone away, etc...

Davis also looks a bit heavy as some have said. This is precisely the kind of crap that will weed out guys with the talent but who are none too bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    The weight gain is a dead give away
                    The problem with that is that we see them practically naked cause they are fighting and when they are fully clothed, we dont see them that way as much and cant really tell how they are. Just like when two fighters do a stare off when clothed - one fighter looks bigger and then in the ring does not. Every fighter's face will be a bit fuller between fights no matter how much they work out. Taking all this into account, Spence will be in great shape fight time. If he drinks at every saturday night fights, then I'd be concerned. My guess is he wont be. Broner and Davis I cant say for sure dont party all the time. They do party though. But I like the character parade of the Charlo Twins, these guys, and Easter. Those guys have personalities and liven the sport up a bit. I could watch them in a round table meeting free for all and it would be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      The problem with that is that we see them practically naked cause they are fighting and when they are fully clothed, we dont see them that way as much and cant really tell how they are. Just like when two fighters do a stare off when clothed - one fighter looks bigger and then in the ring does not. Every fighter's face will be a bit fuller between fights no matter how much they work out. Taking all this into account, Spence will be in great shape fight time. If he drinks at every saturday night fights, then I'd be concerned. My guess is he wont be. Broner and Davis I cant say for sure dont party all the time. They do party though. But I like the character parade of the Charlo Twins, these guys, and Easter. Those guys have personalities and liven the sport up a bit. I could watch them in a round table meeting free for all and it would be fun to watch.
                      All I am saying is the little things add up, while you drink another guy is not drinking and working, while you party someone else is in the gym working...To be the best you have to sacrifice all that mess and remain focused...The little things separate the good from the great and the great from the elite and the elite from the ATG'S...You will never make it to immortal status trying to live a normal life!!

Comment

Working...
                      X