Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Wilder Sign The Contract To Secure The AJ Fight On April 13th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    I'm not a Wilder fanboy or even a Wilder fan, but being fair to him, he accepted the flat fee to fight AJ next, not in 10 months time. If they both win their upcoming fights, negotiations will start again, imo.
    i don't disagree there... we can debate the legitimacy of the contract being for the next fight all day, as i am already doing somewhere else.

all i was pointing out is the guy i was responding to said wilder should never be given a flat fee offer. but wilder AND HIS PROMOTER did accept a flat fee offer. so obviously either this guy values wilder more than wilder and his team, or he's just arguing for the sake of it.

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
      i don't disagree there... we can debate the legitimacy of the contract being for the next fight all day, as i am already doing somewhere else.

all i was pointing out is the guy i was responding to said wilder should never be given a flat fee offer. but wilder AND HIS PROMOTER did accept a flat fee offer. so obviously either this guy values wilder more than wilder and his team, or he's just arguing for the sake of it.
      $15million is actually a very good offer, considering what Wilder has been earning up to now. But this beef with AJ has raised his profile a lot. If his next fight does great numbers because of that, he will be definitely be asking for a bigger split in April, and Hearn will probably give it to him.

But no way is he getting 50/50!

Comment

Wilder won't have to wait much longer for AJ/Hearn to cave in, so no.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          $15million is actually a very good offer, considering what Wilder has been earning up to now. But this beef with AJ has raised his profile a lot. If his next fight does great numbers because of that, he will be definitely be asking for a bigger split in April, and Hearn will probably give it to him.

But no way is he getting 50/50!
          yep. and honestly, that's fair. its boxing gamesmanship. but what is just silly is wilder and his fans just insulting any critics or opponents any opportunity they get. no coherent arguments, no sound or intelligent discussion, just foaming at the mouth.

and wilder wonders why he has no endorsements or sponsorships.

Comment

Who voted no?

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              Anyone who thinks Wilder is going to accept the same flat fee nonsense he put up with to be next, only to have Hearn balk...they are delusional.

The fight, when signed, going to be at least 60/40.

And remember, the 50 million is still out there as an offer...
              Joshua is going to make 50 Million easy by the time this fight takes place .

Continually bringing up 50 Million is stupid as though its a handout by team Wilder who cant generate much beyond 2 Million for their own fighter !

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                1. Wilder and team accepted this offer already (But didn't sign).
                2. Wilder claims he wants this fight more than anything.

So now hes getting the fight he wants for the money he accepted... If he doesn't sign for this fight then he lied about both those points and was basically taking his fans for a ride to boost his popularity.

Only a brain dead Wilder can could refute this.
                I'm not a Wilder fan.

1. They didn' sign becuase Freddy pulled a fast one with the date. Bait and switch.
                2. Yes, he said that but for his next fight, not in April of next year. Surely thats reasonable? He got AJ what he wanted and AJ moved to Cricket County with no phone, tele, or intranets.

Wilder didn't do nuffin wrong.

The end.

Comment

I say no because Wilder knows from experience that one cannot trust an Eddie Hearns's contract. He'll say one thing while meaning another. He needs to take his time and allow his team of attorneys to exercise his Due diligence before signing the contract.

Comment

I wouldnt take a flat fee for this fight if Wilder does than respect to him but nope he shouldn't sign for a fight more then 9 months from now that's just stupid

Comment

What if Joshua loses to Povetkin? It will definitely be a rematch in April then I’d say

Comment

Working...
                      X