Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fellow Brits, why does Fury "get a pass" on being a drug cheat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
    I ask this because I see a lot of the Johnny come lately fury die hardship constantly saying "doze belts belong ta fury" regarding Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO

"Doze belts don't mean nuffink"

So can you explain why furys nandralone exploits just simply get ignored?

I only really care about the British opinion on this as we are usually very harsh on drug cheats.
    Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    There really aren’t many who believe fhe belts mean nothing because fury lost them, it’s just a narrative he and frank warren is holding because it benefits them. A very small minority (generally those who don’t like AJ) latch onto it.

Having said above - which given he tested positive, had retired and spent a significant time away - all of which in my opinion means he rightfully forfeited any belts, including any claim to lineal.

However, the way he is tested positive is obviously rather more unique than most. Firstly, he wasn’t training for a fight at all and his mindset (which is now very public) was clearly in a dark place. In addition the drugs he was positive for were clearly more recreational and enhancing and therefore the combination of those I think mean people don’t really consider him a cheat in the same way others in the past have Been.
    Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
    At the end of the day, Joshua can't call himself #1 in the division until he beats Tyson Fury. Joshua nuthuggers don't like it, but it is what it is.

Fury has served his time and deserves a second chance.
    Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I think him and his team have been very clever. I still have my doubts about his "mental illness" but i would be slay for questioning it. My opinion is (And am a big fan of his) he knowingly took PED and was found out. He failed his test just like the rest of his camp/stable mate, and he went on to cancel the rematch against Wlad once told, from then on it was the mental health card pulled out.

I remember when he went on the rant about gays/religion etc For me that was all a cover, and to be honest he is the only HW currently that could get away with it. I cannot imagine any other HW right now getting away with what he did.

This is why i understand and agree with Wilder in his assessment of Fury and the media in the lead up to their fight. If that was Wilder then he would have been called all sort of names, his family would be called crackheads etc.
    Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Completely agree with this post.
    Fury gets a pass from me because I'm 100% sure he didn't take PEDs. He was the victim of a botched stitch-up attempt by the then Chairman of UKAD, who, along with his 2 chief aides, left the organisation before a deal was struck with Team Fury which allowed Tyson and Hughie to carry on fighting in return for them not suing UKAD into bankruptcy.

The deal was that UKAD would withdraw the charge of refusing to submit test samples they brought against Tyson - which was punishable with a 4 year ban - in return for Team Fury dropping the law suit they brought against UKAD for false accusation and defamation and accepting a backdated ban for the initial nandralone charge brought 2 years previously.

Accepting the backdated ban meant that UKAD could not be sued for false accusation by either of the Fury cousins at any time in the future.

In a statement regarding this deal, UKAD admitted that they broke WADA guidelines by allowing too much time to pass between flagging a test result and bringing a charge on the basis of it. This made it impossible for the Fury's to defend the charge by referring to the source of the illegal substance.

Unlike some other prohibited substances - eg, clenbuterol - nandrolone can be produced naturally in the human body. Tyson and Hughie both had trace amounts of nandrolone in one urine sample, with blood tests coming back clean. That was consistant with what happens when nandrolone is produced naturally, rather than taken deliberately.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Aren’t there posters on this site using decorated Fury pics all over their profile yet comment about Canelo?
      Yes. And there are also posters at this site who get perma banned for posting private info about other members without permission, then keep coming back posting again with multiple alt accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Fury gets a pass from me because I'm 100% sure he didn't take PEDs. He was the victim of a botched stitch-up attempt by the then Chairman of UKAD, who, along with his 2 chief aides, left the organisation before a deal was struck with Team Fury which allowed Tyson and Hughie to carry on fighting in return for them not suing UKAD into bankruptcy.

The deal was that UKAD would withdraw the charge of refusing to submit test samples they brought against Tyson - which was punishable with a 4 year ban - in return for Team Fury dropping the law suit they brought against UKAD for false accusation and defamation and accepting a backdated ban for the initial nandralone charge brought 2 years previously.

Accepting the backdated ban meant that UKAD could not be sued for false accusation by either of the Fury cousins at any time in the future.

In a statement regarding this deal, UKAD admitted that they broke WADA guidelines by allowing too much time to pass between flagging a test result and bringing a charge on the basis of it. This made it impossible for the Fury's to defend the charge by referring to the source of the illegal substance.

Unlike some other prohibited substances - eg, clenbuterol - nandrolone can be produced naturally in the human body. Tyson and Hughie both had trace amounts of nandrolone in one urine sample, with blood tests coming back clean. That was consistant with what happens when nandrolone is produced naturally, rather than taken deliberately.
        What a load of rubbish, even the Fury's knew the natural nandrolone excuse wouldn't work and opted for the ludicrous Wild boar excuse. Both ridiculous excuses that other athletes have tried and failed with. They are cheats. Accepting the backdated ban is an admittance of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          What a load of rubbish, even the Fury's knew the natural nandrolone excuse wouldn't work and opted for the ludicrous Wild boar excuse. Both ridiculous excuses that other athletes have tried and failed with. They are cheats. Accepting the backdated ban is an admittance of guilt.
          Why do you think UKAD broke WADA guidelines by waiting 15 months to bring charges on the basis of a test result?

And why do you think they dropped a charge they brought against Tyson for refusing to submit a sample and abusing their testing team?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Because he looks like a stack of mashed potatoes.
            If AJ got busted you'd NEVER hear the end of it.
            ^Exactly this^.

Joshua has been the name on everyone's lips in the UK, when it comes to Boxing, for so long now that it would be a huge betrayal to the fans.

With Tyson Fury, its like 'Oh Tyson did what now? Ah well, he'll do something worse next week, he's such a joker'. Its like how I forgive next door's cat for ****ting on my driveway. It annoys me, but its a nice fluffy cat and I can't hurt a cat.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Why do you think UKAD broke WADA guidelines by waiting 15 months to bring charges on the basis of a test result?

And why do you think they dropped a charge they brought against Tyson for refusing to submit a sample and abusing their testing team?
              UKADs failings in how the dealt with it doesn't change the fact both failed tests for nandrolone. Fury accepted a 2 year ban which is an admittance of guilt. They are cheats that is now a fact.

Comment

It wasn't a point of focus. When Beefnelo got caught, it dominated boxing news. Fury pulled out of the fight with Wlad, went on a ****phobic rant and then retired.

People don't really know or remember the failed drug test.

Comment

Fury had mental health problems.

He deserves our support.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    It wasn't a point of focus. When Beefnelo got caught, it dominated boxing news. Fury pulled out of the fight with Wlad, went on a ****phobic rant and then retired.

People don't really know or remember the failed drug test.
                    Difference is Canelo would have got a pass under WADA, so too Saunders. They had genuine legit acceptable arguments. Fury didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                      I ask this because I see a lot of the Johnny come lately fury die hardship constantly saying "doze belts belong ta fury" regarding Joshua's IBF, WBA and WBO

"Doze belts don't mean nuffink"

So can you explain why furys nandralone exploits just simply get ignored?

I only really care about the British opinion on this as we are usually very harsh on drug cheats.
                      Joshua is a ****en coward. Always know that. Stiff stoic coward. Fury is only a cheat to you because he’s rematching Wilder.

If he was fighting Joshua you’d be digging all up your ass and sucking your fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X