No announcement yet.

50 years ago June 2 one of the greatest albums of all time was released

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 years ago June 2 one of the greatest albums of all time was released

Absolutely true. It changed music as we knew it back then. EVERYONE came out with similar mega albums, like the Stones and even Frank Zappa (We're only in it for the Money, which was a parody of course).

Comment

The Beatles had a number of great albums, but Sgt. Pepper's is definitely my favorite one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
                Always preferred the stones. Feel this album is abit whiney really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie harris View Post
                  Whiney?

The only thing whiny is you.

Nah mean?

You dumb ass trick.

Edit: take another L, boy. And leave this thread.
                  Last edited by Willy Wanker; 05-31-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie harris View Post
                    Sgt. Peppers was a great album by a great band. I'm not knocking the Beetles because everyone has their own favorites. I personally feel the Gold Standard of this era had to be the Jimi Hendrix Album "Are You Experienced" . It turned the music industry on its ear. I lived in that era. I heard it just after its release. I was in the library of my high school listening on stereo headphones when a friend if mine said have you heard of this guy? I was blown away. Compared to what was current at the time it was like a tidal wave washing away the old ground and revealing the new soil to plant the seeds of a musical revolution. The album was a landmark and changed the direction of rock music. Hendrix was a major innovator and lasting influence in the music industry. IMO he was a musical genius.
                    Last edited by TonyGe; 05-31-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X