Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chuck Wepner Movie (The Real Rocky Balboa)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
    Explain..................
    Seriously, that "bum" went 11 rounds with a guy who called himself the greatest, regardless of where he was at in his career. His life and career inspired the most popular boxing movie(s) of all time. Enough that it earned Stallone himself a spot in the IBHOF.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      His Ali story is so over blown. He stepped on Ali's foot, didn't even really punch him hard.
      It really is. The rabbit punching and attempted kick are ignored too. It was not a competitive fight and other than Wepner stepping on Ali's foot and other illegal tactics, Wepner did nothing in that fight.

Last edited by joseph5620; 05-04-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Wow. I can't believe they're giving this bum his own movie. Such a waste. Pretty funny that Liev Shriber plays him since he does all the HBO 24/7 commentaries. Ha.
        Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        It really is. The rabbit punching and attempted kick are ignored too. It was not a competitive fight and other than Wepner stepping on Ali's foot and other illegal tactics, Wepner did nothing in that fight.

Interesting.................

Comment

Explain..................
          Who did he beat? What accomplishments did he have in the ring? He went eleven rounds with Ali. Well, laddy-freaking-dah! Joe Frazier beat Ali and went 41 rounds with him. Shouldn't we do a movie about him before Wepner? Ken Norton went 45 rounds with Ali. He's more deserving. I mean, it seems absurd that a guy who did nothing in the ring gets a movie because Stallone used him as inspiration for his movie. This guy has milked this thing to the bone instead of actually accomplishing anything in the sport. I'm not saying it will be a bad movie. It does look funny, but this guy did jack shyt in the ring to have a movie made about him.

Comment

Looks funny and different to what I expected, I can get behind that but we seriously need biopics on Tyson and Robinson, not to mention Armstrong, Holyfield and hey, Bowe! That guy went from champ to addict to criminal. The movies are made for people like that.

Comment

Who did he beat? What accomplishments did he have in the ring? He went eleven rounds with Ali. Well, laddy-freaking-dah! Joe Frazier beat Ali and went 41 rounds with him. Shouldn't we do a movie about him before Wepner? Ken Norton went 45 rounds with Ali. He's more deserving. I mean, it seems absurd that a guy who did nothing in the ring gets a movie because Stallone used him as inspiration for his movie. This guy has milked this thing to the bone instead of actually accomplishing anything in the sport. I'm not saying it will be a bad movie. It does look funny, but this guy did jack shyt in the ring to have a movie made about him.
              How many people did that in the history of boxing? and scored a controversial knockdown and took a beating like a champ? hahha.......relax ma brotha....it is what it is... remember haters never prosper....

Comment

How many people did that in the history of boxing? and scored a controversial knockdown and took a beating like a champ? hahha.......relax ma brotha....it is what it is... remember haters never prosper....
                Hey, when you're nickname is "bleeder", believe me. You're a bum. That's not hate. It's a valid criticism.

Comment

Hey, when you're nickname is "bleeder", believe me. You're a bum. That's not hate. It's a valid criticism.
                  Some fighters get cut easy, has nothing to do with being a bum.

Comment

What that dude said..............

Comment

Working...
                    X