Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez "I was on crutches until Dec 2013! Didn't know if I'd walk again"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    Decent win.

Not a great win, because of the condition Martinez was realistically in.

Fraziers win over Ali means more than Holmes win over Ali.

I like Cotto, I am happy for him, it's a wonderful accomplishment for him to hold the linneal MW title... but I am more interested in who he fights at MW at the point... he can really write a legacy if he can continue to defend it against prime top 10 MWs...
    I think it was a good win for cotto(a little better than descent but less than great) and the reason I say this is because of cottos mentality to take it right to the "bigger man" from the opening bell. He looked poised to bang it out with Martinez. Unfortunately, like you said Martinez was done before the bell rang which was obvious and does take away from cottos win.

I'm a Martinez fan and I hope he just goes ahead and retires at this point. I would hate to see him fighting as a shell of himself because we all know he is a shell of himself at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
      Accurate assessment.

It sucks for Cotto, too.

Because, he came to win and very well could of either way... though I would still pick a prime Martinez. It's not Cotto's fault Martinez was done.... but... he was.
      Exactly, I'd pick a prime Martinez too. Hell, I still picked him to win anyways.

It does suck for Cotto because it is hard to really gauge where he is at right now. Two good performances over a lesser fighter and a shot fighter isn't enough for me. I hope he continues to challenge himself at MW though.

Comment

• Martinez had NOTHING for Cotto, a prime Martinez might of had more success but still would've been vulnerable to Cotto's left hook.

Comment

• Originally posted by L3TH4L View Post
          Martinez had NOTHING for Cotto, a prime Martinez might of had more success but still would've been vulnerable to Cotto's left hook.
          prime martinez should be able to avoid those left hooks much easier, his legs were his defense.. thats why you take away martinez legs and he becomes much more vulnerable to any offense because his main defensive strategy is pretty much neutralized already..

Comment

• Incredible. Like I said I thought it would be a close fight.

But here's NSB claiming Sergio would KO Cotto. (See Sergio get beat up)

Aw his knee doe. I'm a ****. Wasn't ready. Knee; but half of you ****ing ******s said Cotto would get ktfo.

**** him and **** you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Incredible. Like I said I thought it would be a close fight.

But here's NSB claiming Sergio would KO Cotto. (See Sergio get beat up)

Aw his knee doe. I'm a ****. Wasn't ready. Knee; but half of you ****ing ******s said Cotto would get ktfo.

**** him and **** you too.
              Are you an angry black man?

Comment

• This shouldn't come as no surprise. Of course, he was physically ruined. Everyone knew that Sergio wasn't at full strength after two knee operations and a 14-month layoff.

He was just grateful for the opportunity to earn another payday and test his skills again. Thus the reason why Miguel Cotto acquiesced in taking the fight after ducking him for so many years.

Freddie Roach saw a declining corrosion in Martinez' skills and noticed that his body was breaking down. So he opted and took the path to least resistance by rejecting a potential Canelo bout and accepting a Maravilla bout instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
                  Shut the **** up Sergio. If you wanna talk a big game before the fight during the Faceoff then show up you coward.
                  You do realize if you ever fought with Sergio that he would probably make you cry right?

Alternatively, you would have to bring a weapon to stop sergio if he decided he didn't want to stop until he broke you.

Comment

Working...
                  X