No announcement yet.

Thurman and Crawfords movement give them a great chance to beat Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman and Crawfords movement give them a great chance to beat Spence

If you study the tape of Brook vs Spence its very obvious Spence has serious issues with movement and angles. Skill for skill Brook in terms of being a boxer puncher is arguably the best one at 147.

Both Thurman and Crawford have good enough footwork to keep resetting Spence since hes very flat footed and plods forward alot. Notice when Crawford speaks of Spence he always talking in the context of exposing his flaws.

Spence has definitely become the new Margarito doe since everyone but Crawford is duckin hard. Dudes be talkin smack then when asked about Spence they go turn into a UN ambassador trying to bring peace in the middle east lmao.

Personally I’m rooting for Spence and wish he demolishes both Crawford and Thurman but I dont see it.

Originally posted by Leon_Degrelle View Post
    If you study the tape of Brook vs Spence its very obvious Spence has serious issues with movement and angles. Skill for skill Brook in terms of being a boxer puncher is arguably the best one at 147.

Both Thurman and Crawford have good enough footwork to keep resetting Spence since hes very flat footed and plods forward alot. Notice when Crawford speaks of Spence he always talking in the context of exposing his flaws.

Spence has definitely become the new Margarito doe since everyone but Crawford is duckin hard. Dudes be talkin smack then when asked about Spence they go turn into a UN ambassador trying to bring peace in the middle east lmao.

Personally I’m rooting for Spence and wish he demolishes both Crawford and Thurman but I dont see it.
    I think he can wear both these guys down but I can see your point about his footwork..Interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_Degrelle View Post

... I'm wondering if that's even a sane comparison... Spence is superior to Margs in EVERY CATEGORY. People move in from of him because when he hits you he hits hard. If you watch the Brooks fight...? You mean the one where he broke the orbital bone in Brooks his FACE?

Bud was dropped by a 130lb'er.

Thurman was shook to the core by a body shot, not once but twice.

Clocks tick'en on their 147lb careers. Bud should stay at 140 and move up once Spence moved to 154 or 160.

Thurman's in deep waters vs Spence, insiders say too deep.

Comment

One this I noticed about Spence, he doesn't like getting roughed up.

Crawaford does have a great ability to adapt in a fight.

Spence has never had to adapt so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
          ... I'm wondering if that's even a sane comparison... Spence is superior to Margs in EVERY CATEGORY. People move in from of him because when he hits you he hits hard. If you watch the Brooks fight...? You mean the one where he broke the orbital bone in Brooks his FACE?

Clocks tick'en on their 147lb careers. Bud should stay at 140 and move up once Spence moved to 154 or 160.

What I meant was in fear factor but i didnt specify it.

Comment

Also this notion that Brook got demolished or dominated is far from the truth.

Brook was not only doing great in the first half but he was flat out outclassing Spence at times. Did Spence break him down eventually? Yeah he did but not after damn near getting outclassed for the whole first half of the fight.

Comment

thurman is just amir khan. his movement isnt based on anything or setting anything up

Comment

That pressure, educated jab, vicious body attack will take their movement away.

He will stick his jab in their chest and whack away to the body slowing them down.

Thurmans erratic movement, predictable telegraphed attack and overall fragileness will see him get splattered in surprisingly easy fashion.
                Crawford has a much higher ring IQ, I wouldn't rule him out but Thurman Imho and I could be wrong but I feel he probably don't even last as long as Lamont.

Comment

I don't know if movement is enough to beat Spence. Crawford will have the best opportunity because of his boxing IQ but we haven't seen him have to do it against the kind of pressure he will face from Spence.

People keep talking about Brook's success without also talking about how it did not phase Spence one bit. Imagine going into hostile territory with 30K fans rooting against him. The guy he's up against is actually having success and he has the composure to stick to the game plan and get the same guy to quit. That's special.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post

who knocked him down?

Comment

Working...
                    X