Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman and Crawfords movement give them a great chance to beat Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think Spence has bad footwork then you dksab.

Sorry but that is the truth.

Like when people say Joe Louis had bad footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Brook was beating Spence until he suffered eye socket problems... again

Golovkin exposed Brooks physical problems already.

I think people are being flat out dishonest when they disregard the above...
      He suffered 'eye socket problems' because Spence was punching him in the face. It wasn't as if something in the air broke his eye socket.

Brook doesn't have physical problems, he was in his prime and Spence was simply the better man on the night.

Comment

ive posted this for a while now- thurman will get stopped by spence

spence clearly the better fighter

Comment

As a day one Thurman fan I'd by lying if I said I weren't worried about The Truth. I think Thurman goes into that fight as an underdog for the first time in his career, but you boys still know I'm rolling with! These are the kinds of wins people remember you for, beat Spence and we're talking P4P #1 status baby. And vice-versa for Spence.

Comment

I would put my money in both Thurman and Crawford against Spence at this point.

But I do love Spence too, he makes a great likable fight to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon_Degrelle View Post
              Also this notion that Brook got demolished or dominated is far from the truth.

Brook was not only doing great in the first half but he was flat out outclassing Spence at times. Did Spence break him down eventually? Yeah he did but not after damn near getting outclassed for the whole first half of the fight.
              Exactly. People have made out like it was a one sided beating.

Brook was probably up after 6-7 rounds. I believe the eye injury and coming down from 160 to 147 and from a beating caught up with him after that. Taking nothing away from Spence, i still think Brook would have beaten nearly every other WW that night but people shouldn't make out it's something it's not.

Anyway, Brook is a quality fighter. I saw 2 very very good fighters in the ring that night.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I think that the key elements to overcome Spence are having power, defense, and quick movement. Both guys fit the bill so I see them as toss ups against Spence. Both guys have questionable punch resistance which could cost them the fight though. If Spence were to steamroll them both, man, that'd be something.
                Spence can be beaten in a firefight. If Thurman can land first on Spence in an exchange (He probably will since he has faster) hands, Spence would be wobbled and be weary of Thurman's power and would not be as confident in walking Thurman down.

Comment

I see a lot of people overrating Crawford but underrating Keith. Crawford doesn't have the size nor strength that Thurman has. Thurman would have a better chance than Crawford due to size and speed. 50/50 between Keith and Spence 60/40 favoring Spence against Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Sure but he already overcame Brook who is probably stronger than both....maybe less punching power but better mid range skill and tougher(not more durable since his eyes seem to fall apart, but he doesn't really shy away from punches when he's getting caught...)

Thurman is tailor-made for Spence.....he gets destroyed to the body....and I like Thurman.

Crawford is sharper with his defence and especially his footwork, but his head is sometimes up in the air and how he carries his power is still a question and how he handles power from real punchers.....he definitely matches up better though...fascinating fight.
                    You forget to mention that Thurmam has better power, speed, and defense compared to Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      It was even till the midway point and then Spence took over and beat him up.

Spence is a pressure fighter/puncher, nit surprising to see him outboxed early. The problem is going to be putting enough hurt on him to slow him down, and stopping him from getting to your body early. The second half of the fight is Spence's time to shine. It was vs Brook and I think tbe same will be true for Crawford and Thurman too.

Spence is a hell of a fighter. Crawford will be too small at 147 for a big and aggressive and skilled WW like Spence. He is absolute class, but maybe a division too far for a fight like this. Maybe he can pull something out the bag, he has the best chance imo.

Thurman doenst have the skill to fight at mid and close range, and his movement is inefficient. He has power but is it 'one time' power at the top level? Im not sure. Is see him winning rounds early but taking too many solid body shots before getting beat up late.

I think Spence will prove to be king of this division if the fights are made.
                      Thurman has enough power to keep Spence on the defensive. Plus Thurman has the best defense at 147. Thurman is good at fighting mid range but hasn't shown great ability at fighting close

Comment

Working...
                      X