No announcement yet.

Memo To Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    lolol...sad man...just sad....a guy like ward with the family to feed aint sittin out nearly 2 years if his promoter is doing well by him...there was an obvious disconnect...theres a difference between us thinking a promoter is doing well by someone and how the fighter feels....two different perspectives and stories...like i said....most felt arum did well by floyd...but floyd didnt...and he was right in the end

and i thought the fans were there to see fury? i thought the crowd was pro fury....and were booing wilder? kovalev beating ward would have been better for boxing......as hes much more exciting and fan friendly

you can give me furys sob story..its a good story...and im impressed....but thats not wards fault the guy balooned and did what he did.....ward was not much further along...he had one decent scrap....and kovalev was considered a much better fighter than wilder.....who is a one trick pony that only beats bums and 50 year olds who gas

kovalev was a much tougher fight than wilder
    I agree that Kovalev is a better fighter than Wilder. Regarding Ward and Goosen I can't pretend to know what went on but Goosen delivered big things for Ward as I had mentioned and Ward made more money with Roc Nation but they also overpaid him as evidenced by the low sales the fights produced.

There is no question Fury came from further back. The weight he lost was as much as Ward weighs so it's fair to say he was obviously far more diminished than Ward and had longer out of the ring.

The crowd may have been with Fury but you know on a PBC card one of their staple guys is the "house fighter".

Comment

This groupie wrote wilder a poem hahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        pac says he was hurt after floyd "we believe him"

loma says he was hurt after struggling with, and being knocked down by, linares..."we believe him"

wilder says he got hurt early in camp and may not have been 100 percent "no way hes lying...he needs an excuse"

LOL
        Lomachenko had legit surgery that kept him out of a guaranteed unification payday in August. He also knocked Linares out which was a better result than most (myself included) expected so not sure he struggled much.

Pacquaio's injury was laughed off as bogus and it appeared to have been. Let's see if Wilder takes 7-8 months off. If he doesn't then is it fair to say his "injury" is BS?

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

You don't need AJ any longer to make a crapload of money.
          Think about that one. An even bigger showdown with AJ in the fall of 2019 at a site you dictate based on your success in the rematch. That, in my opinion, is what you should be going for.
          But when AJ said it would make more sense financially for him to fight Wilder in 2019 .. that was a cowardly duck, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Wilder before the fight. I don't want to hear any excuses from the Fury camp that he wasn't ready. Wilder after the fight. I broke my arm and couldn't throw the right hand on the bag or in sparring. Boo hoo hoo.
            You beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
              NSB Posting God or %$#@&*! (depending on how you fanboy)
              NSB Forum

To: Deontay Wilder
              WBC Champ or %$#@&*! Dosser (depending on how you fanboy)
              Bombsville, AL

A few words of advice.

First, congrats on Saturday. I know plenty thought you lost (I am not one of them) but win or lose, you proved plenty that night. And, if stories of your injuries in training camp are true, it's even more phenomenal. My advice on that is to have the physician/surgeon do a press release or interview. It seemed to work somewhat for Pacquiao and his shoulder and it should go far in substantiating your claims. I wouldn't release an X-ray though, don't want folks knowing where the break was if indeed there was one.

Second, great job giving props to your opponent. I know this isn't that difficult for you as you genuinely like Fury, so keep it up. Not only is it the right thing to do, since Tyson deserves the praise, it is a great way to emphasize how formidable he is and thereby hype any rematch. And by the way, that is exactly what you should be doing.

I know Hearn flew out to see your team yesterday and I sincerely hope he has a legit offer that will enable you to pursue your dream. My gut instinct tells me he will make a better offer, though not necessarily a good one. If this is really all about what you say it is- providing for your family- then you owe it to yourself to measure any potential earnings you might get for a AJ fight in Britain against those you'd get for a rematch in Vegas with Fury.

In my opinion, the bigger fight is here.

Sure, wait for the PPV numbers to come in before you sign anything. But, if those numbers are 250K buys or more here, and at least 250K buys in Britain, you definitely should do the rematch here first. The only exception to that is, of course, if Hearn offers you a 50/50 deal for AJ. Then (and only then) is the British fight worth it- not because the money is better, but because the deal is the fairest it could be AND the belts are included. You simply are not going to make more money getting 35% or 40% from $28 PPVs and 10M dollar Wembley gates than you will splitting things with Fury down the middle and selling out T-Mobile and doing a 75 to 100 dollar PPVs here. It's simple math.

I know it's also about the belts. And let's face it, lots a folks are walking around thinking you shouldn't have one after Saturday. But, you do (and to me you should still have it). But, here is the thing. Accepting another lowball offer from Hearn to fight AJ in April is not only wrong financially, but in my opinion it would be indicative of you truly not wanting to fight Fury again. Because if it wasn't, if you were truly confident of winning the rematch (and therefore retaining the belt you know gives you some leverage for AJ anytime) you would do what most boxing fans want right now and give the rematch immediately.

You don't need AJ any longer to make a crapload of money. If it is about the belts, there is always the fall of 2019 and you need not worry about getting a shot at AJ's belts if you truly think you can beat Tyson in a rematch. And a victory in the rematch will make your position even stronger than it is now, maybe strong enough to force the first AJ fight to be here and not in Britain.

Think about that one. An even bigger showdown with AJ in the fall of 2019 at a site you dictate based on your success in the rematch. That, in my opinion, is what you should be going for.

To summarize, Fury deserves the rematch right away. You and he have no problem dealing with each other and it is a fight that is financially as big as there is in the sport. And, the win in the rematch will make your position as strong as it can possibly get in negotiating with AJ, stronger even than it is now. Tell Eddie Hearn you will see him and AJ in the fall. And do your best to prepare for Tyson because, as you know now, beating him is no easy thing (hint: do some film study and pay attention to how he reacts to your jab when you connect it, even lightly. I think you caught onto it during the fight late and it is this that you should watch for as soon as the bell rings on round 13).

Good luck.
              Your the tosser

Comment

Deontay will get him in the rematch. This is his LaStarza fight. It'll work out well for him in the end.

Comment

Working...
                X