No announcement yet.

Memo To Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo To Deontay Wilder

NSB Posting God or %$#@&*! (depending on how you fanboy)
    NSB Forum

To: Deontay Wilder
    WBC Champ or %$#@&*! Dosser (depending on how you fanboy)
    Bombsville, AL

A few words of advice.

First, cong**** on Saturday. I know plenty thought you lost (I am not one of them) but win or lose, you proved plenty that night. And, if stories of your injuries in training camp are true, it's even more phenomenal. My advice on that is to have the physician/surgeon do a press release or interview. It seemed to work somewhat for Pacquiao and his shoulder and it should go far in substantiating your claims. I wouldn't release an X-ray though, don't want folks knowing where the break was if indeed there was one.

Second, great job giving props to your opponent. I know this isn't that difficult for you as you genuinely like Fury, so keep it up. Not only is it the right thing to do, since Tyson deserves the praise, it is a great way to emphasize how formidable he is and thereby hype any rematch. And by the way, that is exactly what you should be doing.

I know Hearn flew out to see your team yesterday and I sincerely hope he has a legit offer that will enable you to pursue your dream. My gut instinct tells me he will make a better offer, though not necessarily a good one. If this is really all about what you say it is- providing for your family- then you owe it to yourself to measure any potential earnings you might get for a AJ fight in Britain against those you'd get for a rematch in Vegas with Fury.

In my opinion, the bigger fight is here.

Sure, wait for the PPV numbers to come in before you sign anything. But, if those numbers are 250K buys or more here, and at least 250K buys in Britain, you definitely should do the rematch here first. The only exception to that is, of course, if Hearn offers you a 50/50 deal for AJ. Then (and only then) is the British fight worth it- not because the money is better, but because the deal is the fairest it could be AND the belts are included. You simply are not going to make more money getting 35% or 40% from $28 PPVs and 10M dollar Wembley gates than you will splitting things with Fury down the middle and selling out T-Mobile and doing a 75 to 100 dollar PPVs here. It's simple math.

I know it's also about the belts. And let's face it, lots a folks are walking around thinking you shouldn't have one after Saturday. But, you do (and to me you should still have it). But, here is the thing. Accepting another lowball offer from Hearn to fight AJ in April is not only wrong financially, but in my opinion it would be indicative of you truly not wanting to fight Fury again. Because if it wasn't, if you were truly confident of winning the rematch (and therefore retaining the belt you know gives you some leverage for AJ anytime) you would do what most boxing fans want right now and give the rematch immediately.

You don't need AJ any longer to make a crapload of money. If it is about the belts, there is always the fall of 2019 and you need not worry about getting a shot at AJ's belts if you truly think you can beat Tyson in a rematch. And a victory in the rematch will make your position even stronger than it is now, maybe strong enough to force the first AJ fight to be here and not in Britain.

Think about that one. An even bigger showdown with AJ in the fall of 2019 at a site you dictate based on your success in the rematch. That, in my opinion, is what you should be going for.

To summarize, Fury deserves the rematch right away. You and he have no problem dealing with each other and it is a fight that is financially as big as there is in the sport. And, the win in the rematch will make your position as strong as it can possibly get in negotiating with AJ, stronger even than it is now. Tell Eddie Hearn you will see him and AJ in the fall. And do your best to prepare for Tyson because, as you know now, beating him is no easy thing (hint: do some film study and pay attention to how he reacts to your jab when you connect it, even lightly. I think you caught onto it during the fight late and it is this that you should watch for as soon as the bell rings on round 13).

Good luck.

Wtf.......

Comment

Comment

i love tha narrative that alot of the haters are running with "wilder was exposed...he will get crushed in a rematch or against AJ cause his confidence is now shot"

these guys are dumber than they usually sound if they think wilders confidence is shot even just a little...

these guys were just chomping at the bit to come on the internet and rag on wilder and his fans....then wilders right, left put a stop to all that....they are sad and bitter that theyre going to have to wait longer to get a shot...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          i love tha narrative that alot of the haters are running with "wilder was exposed...he will get crushed in a rematch or against AJ cause his confidence is now shot"

these guys are dumber than they usually sound if they think wilders confidence is shot even just a little...

these guys were just chomping at the bit to come on the internet and rag on wilder and his fans....then wilders right, left put a stop to all that....they are sad and bitter that theyre going to have to wait longer to get a shot...lol
          When you see them say that, ask them if Wlad was exposed.

You know, the same Wlad that rolled back almost 2 years later (with no fights in between) and almost took AJ out.

Wilder did LEVELS better than Wlad.

And he will do even better the second time around in my opinion. I think he figured out something, at least partially, late in that fight. Something he will use from round one in the rematch.

Comment

Wilder before the fight. I don't want to hear any excuses from the Fury camp that he wasn't ready. Wilder after the fight. I broke my arm and couldn't throw the right hand on the bag or in sparring. Boo hoo hoo.

Comment

How can you be so impressed by Wilder when you picked him via decapitation/easy victory and he lost? That sounds like a fanboy trying to save face/in total denial and trying to convince yourself and others that he's a great fighter. The polls are ALL in the high 80% in that Fury won and they include biased Wilder fanboys. Even the most biased fanboys like you are trying to look partial and say it was a fair "draw" which you don't believe at all.

The "injury" is hilarious. It's Fury that should have excuses. He took the fight too soon, most his camp was dedicated to shedding weight and he was rusty as hell. He was severely handicapped in this fight yet took Wilder to school.

Fury deserves whoever he wants next because he's the only fighter who took a risk coming to America which has became the home of the worst robberies in boxing at about 50% in his comeback trail. I'd be disappointed if Wilder-Joshua worked their differences out and signed to fight which leaves Fury with nothing. I understand the logic though because Wilder knows he lost and would lose again and Joshua will see him as a far more difficult fight being that he's much better than Wilder based on the schooling he gave him at about 50%.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 12-04-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Wilder before the fight. I don't want to hear any excuses from the Fury camp that he wasn't ready. Wilder after the fight. I broke my arm and couldn't throw the right hand on the bag or in sparring. Boo hoo hoo.
                He can also punch fúck out of a mascot with what looked like full power. Poor excuse from a poor champion.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  How can you be so impressed by Wilder when you picked him via decapitation/easy victory and he lost? That sounds like a fanboy trying to save face/in total denial and trying to convince yourself and others that he's a great fighter. The polls are ALL in the high 80% in that Fury won and they include biased Wilder fanboys. Even the most biased fanboys like you are trying to look partial and say it was a fair "draw" which you don't believe at all.

The "injury" is hilarious. It's Fury that should have excuses. He took the fight too soon, most his camp was dedicated to shedding weight and he was rusty as hell. He was severely handicapped in this fight yet took Wilder to school.

Fury deserves whoever he wants next because he's the only fighter who took a risk coming to America which has became the home of the worst robberies in boxing at about 50% in his comeback trail. I'd be disappointed if Wilder-Joshua worked their differences out and signed to fight which leaves Fury with nothing. I understand the logic though because Wilder knows he lost and would lose again and Joshua will see him as a far more difficult fight being that he's much better than Wilder based on the schooling he gave him at about 50%.
                  sounds like kovalev and golovkin fans..."certain decapitation"

"buh buh buh wait...the jab...the american ref...the lowblows.....everybody swears golvokin and kovalev actually won...wahhhhhh"

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    sounds like kovalev and golovkin fans..."certain decapitation"

"buh buh buh wait...the jab...the american ref...the lowblows.....everybody swears golvokin and kovalev actually won...wahhhhhh"
                    The majority of polls and media sided with Kovalev, Golovkin and Fury. The polls probably wider with the Fury fight than any it seems though.

Comment

Working...
                    X