• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revelated View Post

That's the no risk shuffle

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
      That's the no risk shuffle
      Lmao he’s taunting and boasting about beating up a little kid in a handicap boxing match lmfao!!!
      What a clown and a coward

Comment

• Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
        Lmao he’s taunting and boasting about beating up a little kid in a handicap boxing match lmfao!!!
        What a clown and a coward
        v

That is real bush league behavior even for Floyd.

I'd be impressed if he could do that to a top guy like Spence or Crawford

Comment

He had height/reach on Floyd and was using it properly. Had he had more experience in the ring and had a little more pop on his punches, he would have been more of a risk, but that is why Floyd only takes no risk fights.
          If he had more experience floyd would have fought his usual fight and made him look silly and he would have gassed . Floyd was over 40 and coming off the couch . Iam no huge floyd fan and def no hugger but theres levels to this and if conor started fighting boxing at age 5 and kept with it floyd still would have beat him , ya he prolly would have dehydrated him down to 47 or a catch weight ( which I dont agree with ) but mcgregor would have done it . Floyd fought an experienced fight for a past his best fighter and got the w . He did the right thing . Prime vs prime at 147 ya it would have been more of a fight but mac would still just have a punchers chance and he is extremely over rated as a puncher especially with 8 oz mitts on .

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
            Cuz that was a small exhibition over seas. Conor vs Floyd was a big deal, alot of promotion, alot of money involved.

Anybody with a brain could tell he had no respect for Conor as a boxer. He was walking towards him with his hands down, carrying him, let him gas himself out then took him out.

If Floyd wanted to he could have ended that fight first 3 rounds no problem.

I expect stupid shyt like this from the MMA guys but any boxing fan should know what's up!

But then again yall hate Floyd so much logic goes out the window along with your credibility as a "hardcore boxing fan"

(Once Floyd is out of the convo then yall come back to yall senses)
            Agreed!!! Very well written! For any purist boxing fan that comes here to post, if one doesn't grasp this, then I do no consider the person to really really understand boxing. Most of the comments regarding floyd are ridiculous. As another commenter said, he surely trained. Harder than us couch quarterbacks do daily. He likely just didn't put in the full effort expected from a Floyd Mayweather championship bout type of camp. Because it wasn't needed. Anyone that can not see that he carried McGregor, and that it was easy work, doesn't need to post here to be honest. You clearly don't follow the sport enough for people to read your comments and make opinions based off what you say.

This was a circus. Floyd carried Conor. Easy work. Easy money. The end. If you don't get that people, the jokes on you.

For the record..... I'm not really a floyd fan. But I respect the fight game. And call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
              Agreed!!! Very well written! For any purist boxing fan that comes here to post, if one doesn't grasp this, then I do no consider the person to really really understand boxing. Most of the comments regarding floyd are ridiculous. As another commenter said, he surely trained. Harder than us couch quarterbacks do daily. He likely just didn't put in the full effort expected from a Floyd Mayweather championship bout type of camp. Because it wasn't needed. Anyone that can not see that he carried McGregor, and that it was easy work, doesn't need to post here to be honest. You clearly don't follow the sport enough for people to read your comments and make opinions based off what you say.

This was a circus. Floyd carried Conor. Easy work. Easy money. The end. If you don't get that people, the jokes on you.

For the record..... I'm not really a floyd fan. But I respect the fight game. And call it like it is
              And u a real dude and not a fanboy. Which i will always respect

Comment

• Floyd played pickleball at the local rec for this.

Comment

• Originally posted by NORMNEALON View Post
                  If he had more experience floyd would have fought his usual fight and made him look silly and he would have gassed . Floyd was over 40 and coming off the couch . Iam no huge floyd fan and def no hugger but theres levels to this and if conor started fighting boxing at age 5 and kept with it floyd still would have beat him , ya he prolly would have dehydrated him down to 47 or a catch weight ( which I dont agree with ) but mcgregor would have done it . Floyd fought an experienced fight for a past his best fighter and got the w . He did the right thing . Prime vs prime at 147 ya it would have been more of a fight but mac would still just have a punchers chance and he is extremely over rated as a puncher especially with 8 oz mitts on .
                  He would have far more than a punchers chance because of his style. If he was able to last 10 and bother Floyd that bad with his height/reach, and the limited boxing he had, he would be Floyd's worst nightmare and avoided like the plague if he was a real fighter. Floyd would only fight him after he's been in a couple of wars and lost a couple of steps.
                  Its why Floyd and co. made up excuse after excuse for why Floyd never got around to fighting guys like Williams, Margarito, and Khan. At ww Floyd knew his limitations. You see how much trouble he had with a past prime Oscar who always had a great jab. Its one thing to beat and look great against slow, flat footed, come forward guys with no reach, its another to take on a guy who has height, reach, length on you and has better than average boxing skills. Who can keep you at the end of his jab and force you to come inside.
                  Its why I have more respect for guys like Roy Jones, who could have sidestepped Tarver, or Shane Mosley, who could have sidestepped Vernon Forrest, or even Oscar de la Hoya, for moving up to mw to fight Hopkins, who had all advantages on him height and reach wise. Those guys could have legitly avoided guys in their eras and divisions who posed the greatest style risk. Floyd hid too much behind all his a=side advantages for me.

Comment

He would have far more than a punchers chance because of his style. If he was able to last 10 and bother Floyd that bad with his height/reach, and the limited boxing he had, he would be Floyd's worst nightmare and avoided like the plague if he was a real fighter. Floyd would only fight him after he's been in a couple of wars and lost a couple of steps.
                    Its why Floyd and co. made up excuse after excuse for why Floyd never got around to fighting guys like Williams, Margarito, and Khan. At ww Floyd knew his limitations. You see how much trouble he had with a past prime Oscar who always had a great jab. Its one thing to beat and look great against slow, flat footed, come forward guys with no reach, its another to take on a guy who has height, reach, length on you and has better than average boxing skills. Who can keep you at the end of his jab and force you to come inside.
                    Its why I have more respect for guys like Roy Jones, who could have sidestepped Tarver, or Shane Mosley, who could have sidestepped Vernon Forrest, or even Oscar de la Hoya, for moving up to mw to fight Hopkins, who had all advantages on him height and reach wise. Those guys could have legitly avoided guys in their eras and divisions who posed the greatest style risk. Floyd hid too much behind all his a=side advantages for me.
                    Interesting. You have respect for Shane even though he avoided Floyd when Shane was in his prime and the bigger earner.

It was so bad that Larry Merchant asked Shane point blank on TV will you fight Floyd and he said no and used a toothache as the reason. Yet you then complain that Floyd, "hid too much behind his a side advantage".

ODH fought BHop at 157, a 3 lb CW, less than the 2 lb CW you complain Floyd fought Canelo at.

Dude this just shows how incredibly biased you really are.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-14-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                      floyd also ate a clean uppercut from conor... how come conor aint pay for that mistake? lol.
                      God love this kid! I mentioned earlier that Floyd ate a huge uppercut from Conor. As I've said before, Money May gave Conor some free shots in order to make the fight exciting; Which was why he was walking McGregor down and exchanging punches with him because he knew Conor was a limited, low risk and overmatched opponent. That's not the way Floyd typically fights. He moves, holds and potshots his opponents.

He would have never fought Pacquiao or Canelo Alvarez the way he fought Conor and Tenshin because they are too high risk and could potentially hurt him. Money May just wanted to please the crowd by entertaining it by making it fun night of boxing. You see there was anywhere near the backlash after the McGregor fighter as there was after the Pac fight.

Lastly, if you really think Conor is that good then let him fight Manny Pacquiao or one of the Charlo twins. He wouldn't last a full three rounds against them because he lacks both the experience and the skill level in order to be competititive. Floyd carried his ass in order to make him look good for the fans. This is not to disparage you in anyway but at least I know bullshit when I see it

Comment

Working...
                      X