Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Wrestling Matches of All time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Haha. Yeah, I loved the NWO but they definitely had too many people and then splitting it into the wolfpac and the black and white and all got to be lame. And when they went to WWF, that just sucked since they did absolutely nothing with them. Still, though, one of my favorite storylines ever. Hogan was way better as a heel to me, as are most wrestlers.

Yeah, they did nothing with Bret Hart as well. WCW was great in some ways and more realistic to watch with the actual wrestling imo, but they made a lot of serious blunders as well.
    Lol I remember Bret Hart actually joined the NWO eventually. They really ran out of ideas, with everyone.

NWO in WWF around 2002 had huge potential. But Scott Hall was too drunk, X Pac was too high, and Kevin Nash kept injuring himself whenever he farted.

I never actually liked Hogan as a face even though I was a kid during his era in the 80s. I loved him as a heel when I was a teenager in the 90s though.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      Lol I remember Bret Hart actually joined the NWO eventually. They really ran out of ideas, with everyone.

NWO in WWF around 2002 had huge potential. But Scott Hall was too drunk, X Pac was too high, and Kevin Nash kept injuring himself whenever he farted.

I never actually liked Hogan as a face even though I was a kid during his era in the 80s. I loved him as a heel when I was a teenager in the 90s though.

The old wolfpac loved to party.

Yeah, I can see why Hogan had such a following in the 80s since they were trying to appeal to kids, but it always seemed corny to me.

When he turned heel though, he was hilarious. I still love it when he said, "Without me, Eric Bischoff would still be selling meat out of a truck in Minnesota." Classic.

Comment

The old wolfpac loved to party.

Yeah, I can see why Hogan had such a following in the 80s since they were trying to appeal to kids, but it always seemed corny to me.

When he turned heel though, he was hilarious. I still love it when he said, "Without me, Eric Bischoff would still be selling meat out of a truck in Minnesota." Classic.

Hogan was just too corny and formulaic for me. I preferred Undertaker, Macho Man and Bret Hart as the top faces in WWF.

Hogan was a better heel because that's closer to his real life personality. Lmao

Comment

Hogan was just too corny and formulaic for me. I preferred Undertaker, Macho Man and Bret Hart as the top faces in WWF.

Hogan was a better heel because that's closer to his real life personality. Lmao

Absolutely! I thought that about Samuel L. Jackson in Lakeview Terrace. Why is he so convincing? Because that's how he really is.

The heels always seem to have more fun, though. Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair and Hogan and all the big names were always funnier as heels for me.

Comment

Flair vs. Steamboat (Clash of Champions 2/3 Falls 1989)
            I was like six years old watching this match thinking it would never end and I didn't want it to lol. I was pulling for the Dragon the whole match, but the ending made me realize how great both wrestlers were.

Brock vs. Eddie Guerrero (No Way Out 2004)
            The ultimate David vs. Goliath match. But Eddie was so awesome that it's believable that he could overcome the odds against a beast like Brock.

Undertaker vs. HBK (WM 25 and 26)
            Not much needs to be said.

Macho Man vs. Ultimate Warrior (WM 7 Retirement match)
            Epic storytelling in this match. It's one of those matches where you root for the good guy (Warrior), but eventually you start rooting for the bad guy (Macho Man) because he's such a bad ass and he just wouldn't quit.

Macho Man vs. Steamboat (WM 3)
            Wrestling clinic. Two young studs in their prime stealing the show.

Flair vs. HBK (WM 24)
            Woooooooooo!!!!

Edge/Christian vs. Hardys vs. Dudleys TLC (WM 17)

Cena vs. Punk (Money in the Bank 2011)- This match got me to watch WWE regularly again.

Cena vs. AJ Styles (Summerslam 2016)

Any RVD vs Jerry Lynn and Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko match from ECW

Cena vs RVD (ECW One Night Stand 2006)- Very emotional match if you're a big Rob Van Dam fan like me or if you watched ECW in the 90s. Cena did a great job playing the heel in this match. I can never forget him tossing his shirt to the crowd and the people kept throwing it back. Cena is such an underappreciated performer and Rob Van Dam should have won more world titles.
            HBK-Undertaker matches were legendary, and good shout out on the John Cena-RVD match. Probably my favorite WWE PPV ever honestly. Tanaka vs Mike Awesome from that card was ****ing sick too. 2 relatively unknowns going crazy.

I'll add in HBK/HHH Hell in a Cell at Bad Blood, complete blood bath. HBK was my favorite.

Hardys vs Dudleys vs Edge & Christian WM ladder match of course has to be there

The Rock vs Stone Cold Wrestle mania 17 was just so badass.

Sabu vs Abyss barbed Wire match in TNA

Kurt Angle vs HBK at WM21

Benoit vs HBK vs HHH was very emotional too, nice to see Benoit on top sucks what happened with his family

Comment

Absolutely! I thought that about Samuel L. Jackson in Lakeview Terrace. Why is he so convincing? Because that's how he really is.

The heels always seem to have more fun, though. Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair and Hogan and all the big names were always funnier as heels for me.
              Agreed, but since the Attitude era, faces can be fun too, if they're badass. Case in point, Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, hell Piper was about the same and so were the Road Warriors and Eddie Guerrero still cheated as a face, which I absolutely loved. Loved it when Piper first turned face and during a show at MSG said that he didn't know why fans were cheering "because I'm still the same son of a ***** I've always been" haha.

As for Hogan as a heel, I prefer the original heel runs he had. I used to have a tape with an old match where he had a match with Jerry Lawler, where Jimmy Hart was managing him as a heel, had to be early '80s. Loved it when he started out in WWF as a heel too with Classy Freddie Blassie as his manager. That's when they had the original Andre/Hogan feud, with the difference being Hogan not jobbing cleanly, of course but Andre usually winning by countout or DQ, like on a TV taping or the match they had at Shea Stadium, which had the Bruno Sammartino vs. Larry Zbyszko cage match main event, acting like a young Superstar Billy Graham saying he was the strongest and best looking and beating 2 or 3 jobbers in handicap matches haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Agreed, but since the Attitude era, faces can be fun too, if they're badass. Case in point, Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H, hell Piper was about the same and so were the Road Warriors and Eddie Guerrero still cheated as a face, which I absolutely loved. Loved it when Piper first turned face and during a show at MSG said that he didn't know why fans were cheering "because I'm still the same son of a ***** I've always been" haha.

As for Hogan as a heel, I prefer the original heel runs he had. I used to have a tape with an old match where he had a match with Jerry Lawler, where Jimmy Hart was managing him as a heel, had to be early '80s. Loved it when he started out in WWF as a heel too with Classy Freddie Blassie as his manager. That's when they had the original Andre/Hogan feud, with the difference being Hogan not jobbing cleanly, of course but Andre usually winning by countout or DQ, like on a TV taping or the match they had at Shea Stadium, which had the Bruno Sammartino vs. Larry Zbyszko cage match main event, acting like a young Superstar Billy Graham saying he was the strongest and best looking and beating 2 or 3 jobbers in handicap matches haha.
                Oh, Stone Cold just didn't give a damn which made him hilarious, along with the others you mentioned, especially Piper.

Yeah, I still love Hogan from Rocky III as Thunderlips- the ultimate object of desire. That always kills me.

But you know, it's not like Vince McMahon ever used a wrestler in the wrong way right? I don't think I would have ever had Hogan as anything but a heel.

Comment

Literally, the greatest match of all time

Comment

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar at WM19 was super lit. Jericho/Michaels on that same card too, overall a great ppv.

and Any Eddie Guerrero Rey Mysterio match but nothing can top Eddie vs Rey from Holloween Havoc OG WCW

Comment

Kurt Angle vs Brock Lesnar 2003 Iron Man Match.

Comment

Working...
                      X