So how did the Sopranos end to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how did the Sopranos end to you?

Did Tony die ? Were his lights put out

Was it just an ending and you get to decide ?

Or did he live and die sometime later

Did he go on to be boss for years and you relate the real life death of the actor and his heart attack .

Without giving away spoilers, the show ended two episodes before the “finale”. The show ended with my favourite character.
    Last edited by TheMyspaceDayz; 01-26-2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

He didn't die in the show, but he died later like you said because the actor died. I read there was going to be a follow up movie, but now with Gandolfini's death there's talks of a prequel film instead. I'd definitely check that out. Then at least we get to still see Chris and Sylvio and a young Paulie. Casting should be interesting for young versions of them too. The series finale was meant to bookend the season 1 finale, where the family is eating together at Artie's restaurant before it opens. Now they're eating at a diner. The song implies their lives go on from there, leaving the finale open ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        He didn't die in the show, but he died later like you said because the actor died. I read there was going to be a follow up movie, but now with Gandolfini's death there's talks of a prequel film instead. I'd definitely check that out. Then at least we get to still see Chris and Sylvio and a young Paulie. Casting should be interesting for young versions of them too. The series finale was meant to bookend the season 1 finale, where the family is eating together at Artie's restaurant before it opens. Now they're eating at a diner. The song implies their lives go on from there, leaving the finale open ended.
        The prequel is gonna be nice . Its casted already. Comes out in September.

Yeah johnny boy , corrado, dickie, jackie , all younger . Its gonna be pretty cool

Comment

Tony looks up, his vision goes black but u hear the door bell.

The song stops on "Don't stop.."

And then all black.

The guy came at the 3 o Clock angle, as Chris got the warning from Mikey when he was shot and in hell.

Tony got shot. Paulie and the reincarnation of Chris as the cat remained.

How ever, I remember the sit down prior with Butchie and Carmine where New York gave the go ahead on Phil's hit.

Butchie swore to back off and gave his word.

So I dont know if it was New York who shot Tony, as Carmine and Paulie and George I think it was from the other family were there at the agreement, so unless they whack all them too, word will get out of New Yorks treachery

Comment

Tony was killed. My favorite show ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post

imo it is too.

i had some dorks trying to compare it to game of thrones and say its better but game of thrones doesnt match up to The Sopranos

Sopranos via brutal KO

Comment

Tony died, I don’t think you can interpret that any other way.

Comment

"You never hear it when it comes" is what Chase was drilling into the viewer all season long.

Tony was killed.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                    Yep... The Sopranos Home Movies episode Bobby tells Tony...
                    Bobby muses how suddenly and silently death can happen in their lives as gangsters: "You probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?"

Comment

Working...
                    X