Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz steps in - McGregor fight at 170!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Because in its current state it's providing nothing for the fans. Why would I want to see the current bull**** continue?
    There are a lot of legit thing to criticise boxing for, but it still provides plenty worth seeing. Just this weekend Browne/Chagaev and Khurtsidze-Douglas were really good fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
      I share your frustration over the state of boxing. Not sure how one can fix it considering all the business politics. The positive thing in mma is that the UFC controls all the top fighters so the fans get the best fights all the time. Boxing simply doesn't have that reality so we are stuck with the status quo.
      Then maybe some billionaires should start a boxing league, so the best fights CAN be made, but actually have a union, which MMA sorely needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
        I share your frustration over the state of boxing. Not sure how one can fix it considering all the business politics. The positive thing in mma is that the UFC controls all the top fighters so the fans get the best fights all the time. Boxing simply doesn't have that reality so we are stuck with the status quo.
        That's what it is, frustration. when done right boxing is the greatest sport but nowadays not only do we not get good match ups but when we do the guys just play it safe.
        Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Too be fair, UFC has had their own fair share of ****ty events, especially within the last 3 years. I know boxing is going through a terrible phase at the moment, but the quality of UFC programming has been on the downhill for awhile mostly due to oversaturation, watered down undercards, and overhyped fighters.

But UFC still has its moments and they deliver when it comes to their biggest fights/events. That's more than what I can say about boxing at the moment.
        Yeah, that's the thing it delivers in big moments and at least they always match whoever their best is with the best, even if they are overhyped. We can't even get two overhyped guys to fight each other in boxing lol. I'm sure there is plenty of duds like any sport but their model just seems much superior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Being the guy who beat Conor is for sure gonna have bearing on Nate's standing in his division & the UFC in general.

With some of the **** he said at the post fight presser I worry he attempts to overplay his hand & ends up doing little to nothing with this new found life to his career that has been on a downward trajectory.
          His win against Connor boosts his value but not at WW. Conor being the favorite was based on the assumption on his skills on lower weight, but no one really knows how strong and fast he would be at WW.

Let Diaz fights the likes of Condit or Matt Brown, then he has a case for WW belt.

Comment

• Diaz/McGregor break-down

Luke Thomas does some of the best break downs along with Zahabi and Black.

Starts at 12:13

Comment

Working...
            X