Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever held a belt hostage like Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever held a belt hostage like Wilder?

I'm looking for the longest heavyweight reign without at least attempting to unify.

From what I can see we have Vitali, but that comes with the excuse of his brother winning the other straps while he held the WBC belt.

Wilder has been WBC champ for over 4 years. Repeatedly talks about one face, one name, one champion. Yet never fought for another belt.

I completely understand that it can be hard to make those fights, but in the same era, Joshua managed to unify twice in less time than Wilder's had.

Has anyone ever done this to the division before?

They Heavyweight belt is worth alot to Showtime/PBC, so they will do everything needed to protect it, mostly lying and manipulating their own fighter and escaping any position where they could potentially lose it.

I remember, that Saunders tried to do so with his middleweight belt, but then got popped for PEDs. I think Wilder is very well protected by Haymon, VADA wont do a thing to Haymon stars, he will fight more and more PBC inhouse controlled opponents. They can have him fight a couple more PBC guys next, who they can easily pay off. Some of em who might outbox him, but Wilder just has to make it to the decision (or land a windmill) and he will keep his belt. They had him winning on the cards vs Luis Ortiz, and then got him the Draw vs Fury. Wilder wont be losing his belts if he doesnt get knocked out.

They know he cant possibly beat AJ, they know he would lose to a fit guy like Dillian Whyte, that they couldnt control, so this fight is only happening when they can land that crazy retirement check, and most probably have it in Wilders backyard, and that is paying Haymon, Finkle and the Weasel a couple millions.

Comment

I'm a bruvva from the UK but I got to admit our boy Joshua is ducking the fight. Im ashamed to say Im from the UK nowadays because of his cowardice. Its clear Joshua is scared and doesnt surprise me, he went life and death with a 40 something year old Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
        I'm a bruvva from the UK but I got to admit our boy Joshua is ducking the fight. Im ashamed to say Im from the UK nowadays because of his cowardice. Its clear Joshua is scared and doesnt surprise me, he went life and death with a 40 something year old Klitschko.
        Yeah, all true.
        Also, I'm a bro from backwoods Alabama and I gotta admit Ducking Deontay has me ashamed of his cowardly ways.
        We was chewin' tobacco and smokin' corn leaves last summer when I tells my homies, "why y'all think Deontay had that belt for 4 years now and never tried to unify, but AJ only been on the scene a couple years and he is taking on the best and has unified already?"
        That's when it hit us dang it! Ducking Deontay gonna make us the laughing stock. Yep, sure nuff, he be hollerin' stuff 'bout "one name one face" but that boy is more scared than a coon up a tree when I sic my dogs on him. I sure hope Uncle Sam can spit out a braver man someday soon!!

Comment

Not sure of any other current champ who won a vacant belt, defended against guys outside the top 10 for years and needed a bad scorecard to retain in his last fight. He does have the Ortiz win though, and Ortiz was ducked by Joe Louis when both were prime so you know he's a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Not sure of any other current champ who won a vacant belt, defended against guys outside the top 10 for years and needed a bad scorecard to retain in his last fight. He does have the Ortiz win though, and Ortiz was ducked by Joe Louis when both were prime so you know he's a beast.
            That’s funny ass ****.

Comment

No more of this 3-fight deal, 4-fight deal, 30% split, Matchroom refs and judges, slave contract BS.

AJ need to man up. Sign a contract for ONE fight. That's all we need. Split the difference down the middle. Done deal.

Imma knock that boy's head clean off his shoulders and unify them belts like The Founding Fathers unified these great States of America.

Comment

Yes, Adonis The Sleeping Beauty Stevenson, was also holding WBC hostage for years until he got released from that duty last year.

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
                  this guy was claiming he's a bruvva, no black person EVER says that for being a black person, the bible says these people will be and are deceivers, no black person ever says that term, its a saltine/edomite a deceiver(devil) his termonanology is that of a red edomite a black person doesnt have to convince you he's black.....WAR IS COMING TO YOU FAKES
                  READ YOUR BIBLE

Comment

AJ TURNED DOWN WHAT HE ASKED FOR. HIS PROMOTER CONFIRMED THE MONEY WAS THERE, EDOMITES ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH (ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE)
                    edomites will pay.....real soon

Comment

Working...
                    X