Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
    Great movie.
    Directors cut was trash doe.

Everything about the new one screams cash-in.
    I expect it to be some pretentious dog ****
    that hipsters will love.

I agree anorak wannabe

I believe you.

Was the movie up Its own ass and with a hipster vibe?
    That's it exactly. It was balls deep in it's own ass with a hipster vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
      I agree anorak wannabe
      thats nice

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        woah really? ive heard from everyone/everywhere thats its a classic 10/10 movie..

Did you see the original?

Im kinda hesitant because....well ryan gosling??? gtfoh
        If you can get through the whole movie without falling asleep or walking out I applaud you.

I finished the whole thing because im a movie buff and I noticed and understood the themes and structure it was trying to push about identity, memory and what it means to feel, to have a soul and be human.

But for any casual movie goer or anyone looking to have a good time they're going to be extremely disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          You must've not seen Rough Night with Scarlett Johanson or Flatliners which is currently in theatres.
          Nope...I haven't. But Rough Night got a 5.2 form IMDb and 46% from Rotten Tomatoes while Flatliners got a 5 from IMDb and 4% from Rotten Tomatoes so I'm in no rush to see either.

Comment

Should I watch this or should I support Shaolin Sword's cousin and watch the new Jackie Chan movie tomorrow?

Any sleeper movies?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
              If you can get through the whole movie without falling asleep or walking out I applaud you.

I finished the whole thing because im a movie buff and I noticed and understood the themes and structure it was trying to push about identity, memory and what it means to feel, to have a soul and be human.

But for any casual movie goer or anyone looking to have a good time they're going to be extremely disappointed.
              The review I read said it was unnecessarily long. Even still, I'm a fan of the original, so I'm hoping that Blade Runner 2049 will capture some of the same vibe.

Comment

Or should I just watch "It"?

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
                  That's it exactly. It was balls deep in it's own ass with a hipster vibe.
                  So Dekker was wearing a man bun?

Comment

I really liked the original Blade Runner and the original Total Recall and generally liked Minority Report which is another Philip Dick Novel...

But this was a disappointment.

I was feeling sleepy after 30 minutes...Big letdown...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      The review I read said it was unnecessarily long. Even still, I'm a fan of the original, so I'm hoping that Blade Runner 2049 will capture some of the same vibe.
                      I'm actually a fan of these types of weird, moody, heady somber noir flicks and even I wanted to walk the hell out when my popcorn was done, but im like **** it im already here, i already paid for this, let's just sit through this and see where it's going.

Ryan Gosling did a terrible job, his character was an emotionless, lifeless robot. He went full robot. I mean his character isn't supposed to be human but he took the role way too literally to the point where you feel absolutely no connection to the character.

He went full robot like sean penn and cuba gooding went full ******.

Comment

Working...
                      X