Collapse
No announcement yet.

NO BS breakdown of how Ortiz will demolish wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really dont get wilders fans, they act like the guy is untouchable or something and are completely brushing off Ortiz. Old or not, this is the first opponent he is facing that can actually box at an elite level, that can punch as well and counter him.

Artur splilka and gerald washington gave wilder fits and you guys act like hes a boxing master or something. Ortiz could very well knock his lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
      Well, a least Yoel Romero won. And in convincing fashion... Now we have Barrera, Ugas, Ortiz, and Barthelemy in April.
      I would’ve preferred if Yoel made weight, but it was a nice win, and he’ll get a title shot off of it. Too bad he, like Ortiz and way too many other Cubans, is old. He’s a monster.

I like Sullivan, but he’s limited. Ugas is going nowhere. Ortiz has a shot. Barthelemy is probably the best of the bunch. We need a new infusion of talent soon.

Comment

wilder leans back because he' a badsass and thats what badasses do! has he ever been hit while doing it? no so stfu! has he ever been hit period? not that i can recall! such hate.

Comment

I think Ortiz has a good chance to win. He is a better fighter and a harder puncher than anyone Wilder has ever fought and Wilder has been hurt by much lesser fighters than Ortiz. Wilder has speed and reach on his side and Wilder has a great left jab and a deadly right so it's a good fight either man could win. It seems unlikely the fight would go the full 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I would’ve preferred if Yoel made weight, but it was a nice win, and he’ll get a title shot off of it. Too bad he, like Ortiz and way too many other Cubans, is old. He’s a monster.

I like Sullivan, but he’s limited. Ugas is going nowhere. Ortiz has a shot. Barthelemy is probably the best of the bunch. We need a new infusion of talent soon.
            That's a sad state of affairs for the 'cuban school of boxing' if the best of the bunch is getting a gift decision over keril...relikh? he clearly lost that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
              You have any thoughts about the breakdown?
              I thought it was well thought out but Scott ain’t no Wilder. Scott is a journeyman fighter that was there for a check. He wasn’t trying to win the fight. He was fighting scared pulling his punches. That jab OMG it was horrible. No commitment at all to any of the punches he was throwing. Wilder will be throwing with bad intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by RussB23 View Post
                What does malik scotts weak chin have to do with the actual breakdown? The guy breaking the fight down used malik scott because hes also tall like wilder and does some things very similair. Also wilders chin is pretty weak too .

Look at the defensive flaws pointed out in this vid and how ortiz takes advantage of those types of mistakes. It could be a short night for wilder if ortiz is still in good shape.
                Except that don't really do things similar though.

Deontay Wilder is significantly taller/longer than Scott, and though they're both athletic, Wilder doesn't really fight off of his athleticism. He's got that monster right hand, and he does use his feet to get in/out of position, but the vast majority of Wilder's work is done behind that heavy head-snapping lead jab and his shovel hook from range.

Good shape or not, Ortiz has more in front of him than you want to acknowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  lets bet old school...i got 3mil on Ortiz
                  And avy's for a month. You've been rocking with Tapia for too long my old friend lol.

Comment

All I know is that King Kong better bring his best cardio conditioning because the Bronze Bomber is going to be swinging. He is going to make this a very fast pace fight which will probably wear Ortiz down in the early rounds. The old man just won't be to keep up with Deontay's pace.

Luis' strategy is to try to slow the pace down and turn it into a scientific tactical fight. That is his only chance of winning by out boxing Wilder. He needs to rely on his pedigree and fundamentals in order to win this fight but it's up to the "Bronze Bomber" to not to let him utilize that strategy by making it a prizefight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      I thought it was well thought out but Scott ain’t no Wilder. Scott is a journeyman fighter that was there for a check. He wasn’t trying to win the fight. He was fighting scared pulling his punches. That jab OMG it was horrible. No commitment at all to any of the punches he was throwing. Wilder will be throwing with bad intentions.
                      Wilder backs up on the ropes on a similair fashion and actually leaves himself even more exposed than scott.

Comment

Working...
                      X