Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Paulie have any clue what he's getting into with the bare knuckle boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    paulie was largely a joke. his entire career was a series of fights he didnt deserve and only got because of his previous losses

cotto needed an easy opponent to beat up for his new york fight so they chose paulie. right place right time really. destroyed. after that, oh paulie lost to cotto lets give him an easy title fight, oh hes got a title lets see him vs hatton. destroyed. oh he was destroyed vs hatton lets see how he does vs khan. destroyed. oh lets give him another easy title because we know him. ok now lets see him fight porter. destroyed. lets see him fight garcia. destroyed. along the way getting gifts against guys like cano and ngoudjo to keep the charade alive. he made lots of money so great for him
    Fame in boxing is very basic.

If you win the fans over then you win the networks over, then you get title fights.

It's really that easy.

Malignaggi being "an easy opponent to beat up on" for Cotto, turned into a 12 round fight that was considered competitive by fans who watched it, it surprised fans and HBO liked his effort. Couple that with Malignaggi's trash talking, he got some fans to also hate him and want to see him get beat up = sells fights.

Some fans might not like this but it's common sense. That's just how you get on. It's that simple.

If I become a pro boxer, and go 20-0 with no good names, i'm under the radar, untested and i'm put in there for Spence as an opponent to beat up on but I give him 12 competitive rounds, my stock would probably rise, fans would like my effort and want to see me again, and Fox/Sho will probably want me back on their network.

Comment

Bare knuckle fighters are not skilled. Anyone with a little bit of boxing skill beats these bums all the time and Paulie will win no doubt. I have seen their champions get knocked out by semi decent boxers.

Comment

Paulie keeps his hands down and his reflexs are probably long gone by now
        All Lobov has to do is walk him down and let his hands go, Paulie always had subpar defence relying on his feet more than anything else.
        If Paulie doesnt have the power to keep the much bigger Lobov away its gonna be a hard night for him.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          Are you on meds and drinking alcohol right now? This makes no sense.
          You're an imbecile so that's not shocking,

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i should know, i broke me hands pouring a cup of tea once.

Reported for being 5ft and having arms the length of a tea spout

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Fame in boxing is very basic.

If you win the fans over then you win the networks over, then you get title fights.

It's really that easy.

Malignaggi being "an easy opponent to beat up on" for Cotto, turned into a 12 round fight that was considered competitive by fans who watched it, it surprised fans and HBO liked his effort. Couple that with Malignaggi's trash talking, he got some fans to also hate him and want to see him get beat up = sells fights.

Some fans might not like this but it's common sense. That's just how you get on. It's that simple.

If I become a pro boxer, and go 20-0 with no good names, i'm under the radar, untested and i'm put in there for Spence as an opponent to beat up on but I give him 12 competitive rounds, my stock would probably rise, fans would like my effort and want to see me again, and Fox/Sho will probably want me back on their network.
              you'd be teofimo lopez and loma would be ducking you

Comment

Paulie will get destroyed, his hands are brittle, he has poor head movement and he is washed up, bareknuckle is different from boxing with gloves to catch and block.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  I think Paulie better read his contract carefully, I heard some other bare-knuckle fighter on last card didn't get paid because He wasn't fighting enough.
                  Crappy deal for Paulie if He gets beat up and then doesn't even get paid .
                  That was a different bare knuckle boxing company.

Comment

Paulie "Hands of Pasta" Malgnaggi in a bare knuckles fight? Dude will school those apes but I fear for his brittle hands.

Surely Paulie has enough money in the bank, and a real TV job, that he doesn't need this crazy stuff? I guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      That was a different bare knuckle boxing company.

Nah its the same one paulie is fighting artem in.

Comment

Working...
                      X