No announcement yet.

The Smile of Irrespressible Sadness: Whitaker vs Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Last time I watched it I had it 9-3 Whitaker. Either way it was clearly a robbery and can't be described as anything other than that. It was not a difficult fight to score.
    Jones vs park si hun is worse and the worst ever in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
      Jones vs park si hun is worse and the worst ever in my opinion.
      Nobody was debating whether this was the worst robbery ever. That's a completely different topic.

Comment

Nobody was debating whether this was the worst robbery ever. That's a completely different topic.
        But they were. Read the entire first page and OP's own words.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
          But they were. Read the entire first page and OP's own words.
          Then you should respond to him because I certainly wasn't.

Comment

Thought pernell won, but never thought it was a robbery with a draw.

First 5 rounds Chavez was very competitive and active, and I think 11, 12 could have gone his way as well.

Originally I thought pernell won 115-113

Pernell won his rounds in a much more dominant and flashy way, so I think it gives the impression that the fight was very lopsided.
            But Chavez was putting in that work early and was going shot for shot with pernell. But it seems pernell gets more credit because he is holding his own vs Chavez. It's a credit to pernells greatness how he was able to tame Chavez after a few rounds and really carve him up

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
              https://imgur.com/a/eWNrU

My breakdown of the worst decision I can remember.
              Not the worst decision, but good stuff. Thanks for sharing, you should do more of these like Hopkins-Tito, or Toney-nunn

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Thought pernell won, but never thought it was a robbery with a draw.

First 5 rounds Chavez was very competitive and active, and I think 11, 12 could have gone his way as well.

Originally I thought pernell won 115-113

Pernell won his rounds in a much more dominant and flashy way, so I think it gives the impression that the fight was very lopsided.
                But Chavez was putting in that work early and was going shot for shot with pernell. But it seems pernell gets more credit because he is holding his own vs Chavez. It's a credit to pernells greatness how he was able to tame Chavez after a few rounds and really carve him up
                That had nothing to do with it for me. Whitaker outclassed Chavez in every department. Including body punches.

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
                  https://imgur.com/a/eWNrU

My breakdown of the worst decision I can remember.
                  Beautiful work Escudo... I would tend to agree with you, there are some other stinkers like Jones in the Olympics that rank up there, but this was insane.

I remember one day I woke up and realized that most people know that the pea manhandled Chavez, does not matter what the judges did, and thats the best we can hope for.

Comment

Wilfredo Rivera beat that fraud twice. Nobody likes to talk about that.
                    Rivera exposed pernal as one dimensional and to dumb to deal with height and range

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
                      One of the best Welters in the history of the sport
                      thats a goddamn lie and you know it

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Chavez won the first two rounds but then couldn't do a thing with Whitaker. That was no draw.
                      chavez won that fight.

Wilfredo Rivera humilieated pernal twice

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      I remember thinking Whitaker won, but I didn't think it was some insane robbery that Diva was claiming.
                      he prtends he won everytime he got beat up it was his gimmick

It was an insane robbery. It wasn't even a close fight. Unless you think you can make a case for Chavez winning or even getting a draw.
                      insane robbery, you mean like the 2 times wilfredo rivera
                      kicked the ***** out pernal

Comment

Working...
                      X