Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Ali vs. Frazier
    2. Barrera vs. Morales
    3. Bowe vs. Holyfield

Pacquiao-Marquez is my favorite rivalry, but Ali vs. Frazier was the best "trilogy." The build up to their first fight was insane. Even though their second fight was a little lackluster, their third fight more than made up for it. It's hard to believe Ali was standing from all those left hooks he took.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
      Ali is amazing but also consider Frazier had health issues at the time, so it balances out. Not sure about the training but it was Ali who was the favourite for the third fight I think. They had incredible fights with each other, Ali and Frazier will always be remembered.
      Not really, Frazier was in top shape, Ali wasn't. Frazier trained very hard and was in fantastic condition. Dundee was complaining about Ali's training camp. Had Ali trained like he should have he would have won that fight much easier. Ali was the superior boxer and superior fighter, that's not to slight Frazier in anyway but that's the truth. Prime Ali would have schooled Frazier.

Comment

Bowe-Holyfield says the Parachute man

Comment

Barrera vs Morales for me, followed by Ali vs Frazier, and coming in last Holyfield vs Bowe

Comment

All are great but I don't think anything will ever top Ali-Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Not really, Frazier was in top shape, Ali wasn't. Frazier trained very hard and was in fantastic condition. Dundee was complaining about Ali's training camp. Had Ali trained like he should have he would have won that fight much easier. Ali was the superior boxer and superior fighter, that's not to slight Frazier in anyway but that's the truth. Prime Ali would have schooled Frazier.
              agreed

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              1. Ali vs. Frazier
              2. Barrera vs. Morales
              3. Bowe vs. Holyfield

Pacquiao-Marquez is my favorite rivalry, but Ali vs. Frazier was the best "trilogy." The build up to their first fight was insane. Even though their second fight was a little lackluster, their third fight more than made up for it. It's hard to believe Ali was standing from all those left hooks he took.
              So, what would be your favourite 3+ fight series?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                Yes he did have health issues Frazier had a cataract developing in his eye and he had high blood pressure, he was in top shape because he had great work ethic.

Ali is someone I looked up to still do but as we saw in their three fights he would always would have probably struggled with Frazier, as they say styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  All are great but I don't think anything will ever top Ali-Frazier.
                  Yes greatest trilogy.

Comment

Across the 3 fights, i'd go with Barrera Vs Morales.

Big fan of the Marquez - Vasquez fights also.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                      Yes he did have health issues Frazier had a cataract developing in his eye and he had high blood pressure, he was in top shape because he had great work ethic.

Ali is someone I looked up to still do but as we saw in their three fights he would always would have probably struggled with Frazier, as they say styles make fights.
                      Developing cataract in his eye but still in top shape, Ali wasn't fighting fit and was going into a 15 round fight. Given the humidity and the pressure from a fit an extremely motivated Frazier very few fighters would have lasted as long as Ali did let alone win that fight.

You seem to forget that when Ali fought Frazier he had already lost his footwork and wasn't nearly as quick as he used to be (despite still being the quickest heavyweight with his hands). A Frazier wouldn't have anywhere near the success that he had if he faced he a prime Ali. Prime Ali dances rings round Frazier and lights him up with fast combo's. No heavyweight lives with a prime Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X