Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW ortiz took a dive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't doubt it and maybe Kenny got some for this weird ass stoppage...round was over and Ortiz and could go on for at least one more round.

Comment

Originally posted by ikigai View Post
      Ortiz wanted wilder to throw the straight right because he was waiting to counter with an overhand left. His defense was solid, in the middle of the ring where wilder was not in optimal range.

He got knocked out because he got too overconfident winning the fight, let wilder get too close, and he got drawn into an exchange out of position.
      Another good post. I don't think Ortiz was confident enough but he was positioning well defensively.

I don't know maybe its just me... its not that I don't remember not wanting to get smoked by my sensei and that it didn't make throwing things any easier... But if I am Ortiz, why not have this exchange in the first round? Your either going to go in there and KNOCK Wilder back off his perch, so he can't KO you, or you will try to potshot, which is what Ortiz did all night.

I doubt those judges gave Ortiz 2 rounds... He was never going to beat wilder that way. he knew the way he was going to beat Wilder and just did not have the stomach for it.

Wilder is almost like Roy Jones...bare with me on this one!! Roy was so quick and so humiliating when he caught you, nobody would really pressure him until Tarver was so pissed that he got lost his fear of humiliation, cornered Roy and caught him with a good, ole all American wide right hand! So...who is going to pressure Wilder? Holyfield pressed Tyson back on his heals...who is going to do so to Wilder. Not thinking The Gypsy king, he does not fight that way, and no slight on him...But Ortiz should have known better in this respect.
      Last edited by billeau2; 11-24-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

The fk outta here with that bool****. Wilder won fair n square!

Comment

I was calling the fix beforehand.

But Ortiz hard no problems... then got close and moved to his left. Goodnight.

His effort to get up was a bit unconvincing though.

Comment

Why does some people go full ****** after fights and make these threads?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
              first time watching wilder? Hes been outboxed in so many fight and ended the fight with one punch,,,
              There is literally two outcomes at the end of a round vs Wilder: you either won the round or got KO the f*** out!

Comment

I felt he did the same mistake as Tyson vs Douglas, seemed like he struggled to pick up his mouth piece and that stole seconds from him.

Comment

Working...
                X