• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    This year's Modern ballot has three new names for consideration:

Hector Camacho
    Yuri Arbachakov
    Sot Chitalada
    camacho is not in already?

don't know much arbachakov. is he the flyweight chatchai sasakul beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Cliff, do you think Chicanito Hernandez makes it in this year?
      He's already in the world boxing hall of fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
        Waiting for several years is actually a good idea. Wouldn't surprise me if we see someone like Broner, Ward or Pavlik on there with the current standards.
        Broner and Pavlik can't go in the HOF, through I am afraid Broner with his accomplishments and drawing power may have a shot. Definitely not resume.

Ward is going up to 175 and he will probably face Kovalev some time next year. If he wins, I don't see how with his 168 resume and Ring title he won, plus a 175 resume including a Ring title up there(If Kovalev can get it from Stevenson) with a win over Kovalev, why he wouldn't be considered a HoF'er.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          1. camacho is not in already?

2. don't know much arbachakov. is he the flyweight chatchai sasakul beat?
          1. Camacho's last fight was 2010.

2. Yes

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Yeah, but not having had a class in several years, not sure that really exists any more.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Yeah, but not having had a class in several years, not sure that really exists any more.
              That's a shame.

Still, he's in the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Too many hall of famers imo. Yearly inductees make it so that there are a pack of fillers that were not really great.
                That happens with every Hall of Fame. Eventually guys who might not belong get in because they waited a long time, and once the precedent has been set because of that person, others who may not deserve it get in.

I suppose you could try and separate Hall of Famers into separate classes, but the same thing would happen again eventually.

Comment

That's a shame.

Still, he's in the HOF.
                  THE HOF? Or a HOF?

Comment

Getting in the world boxing hall of fame is not the same as getting in the real international boxing hall of fame, its a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      He did more than McGuigan and Gatti. He was 130 lineal champ. He only lost to 2 guys, both All Time Greats, DLH and Mayweather. One loss at 130. His DLH loss was at 135lbs, the only time he fought above 130. He went back to 130 and became 130 champ. He is one of Boxingscenes top 20 (#8 rank) greatest Super Featherweights of all time
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/-top-20-j...ll-time--18873

But I know why you said what you said, one sole reason. You know why. It's alright though.
                      Get out of your feelings, I don't believe Gatti or Mcguigan belong either so what's your point.

You're one if those guys that complain about certain fighters getting in but don't mind Hernandez due to one reason and one reason only.

GTFO here with the sniffling. Hernandez doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. He beat no one outside of a 40 year old Azumah Nelson.

Comment

Working...
                      X