Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis-Yuriorkis Gamboa Finalized, 12/28 on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
    What’s the point of this fight? Doesn’t do anything for Tank’s career.
    Bwahahahahahahaha

Tank is a star and this fight in Atlanta builds his profile even more

Comment

What the haters fail to realize is this fight is opening up a whole new market for boxing and Tank. Look at the people below. They may not be excited about the fight but they're excited about a fight being in their are. The whole southeast US is underserved when it comes to boxing. You're watching a star in the making. And no hate can stop that.

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
      I'm going to this for sure.
      Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      Not a big fan of this matchup, but it's in Atlanta, so I might have to go to this one
      Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
      This is gonna be in my city and I can’t wait! I’m tired of traveling for fights, but I that comes with the territory since boxing isn’t big here in Atlanta.

Also...I’m wondering how Jack’s gonna look against Pascal, he’s gotten far since the loss to Brown me but has been somewhat training over the past month or two (according to his IG).

We all know Pascal’s pretty much shot, but I’m also sure he’s mentally revived after the Browns fight a couple of months ago.
      Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      May haveta go to this one. You could count on one hand the significant fights in Atlanta over the past 20 years.... and I'm not all that far away. Not that I expect Yuriorkis to win, but I do think he'll put up a good fight. And it will be interesting WHEN (not IF) Gamboa lands a bomb on Davis' head. See how he handles that.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuasionz View Post
        Tank will be 25 years old by fight time. You can't even believe the bs you're spewing. But, Im sure somebody will be entertained by your comment.
        I'd be surprised if he's still around when he's in his 30s. Being a midget in his division could shorten his career. Still seems to be following the Wilder blueprint of fighting a dozen consecutive soft touches to boost his KO ratio before stepping up in competition and fighting other champions.

Comment

Discipline fight (tank). Fat boy Davis gonna have to watch weight for the holidays

Tank by KO in entertaining short fight

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
            Exactly. Much less Risk financially. I expect Tank to open up at -600 or more.
            he will be like -6000 if they dare even post odds on this farce

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              he will be like -6000 if they dare even post odds on this farce
              Yeah ur right, it’s prolly going to open -2000. Odds always close, but thats based on bets being placed and an algorithm to insure the book cant lose money. One guys get 90% chance he wins while the other guy only gets %70 chance he loses.

Comment

It is a terrible matchup and just a name grab for Davis, but I will still watch for the hell of it.

Comment

This is like feeding that goat to the t-rex in Jurassic Park

Comment

So some of you punks are still complaining about who Davis is fighting. Davis had one single belt and vacated moving up to a newer, heavier division.
                    He beat an inactive featherweight for a belt that shouldn't have been vacant, and ducked Farmer before vacating it.

This should just be a test to get used to the new division, nothing more. Gamboa should be good enough for this step up and tell us a bit more about Davis. After this, Davis should step up more than likely to tougher competion at this heavier class.
                    How will this help Davis get used to the division, when Gamboa is the same height and has even shorter reach? It's not like Gamboa's good, either. He fought only once last year, and was whooped by Jason Sosa the year before that. Add in his age, glass jaw, and undeserved ranking and you'll have the reasons why he was chosen. This is a cherry pick supported by a corrupt sanctioning body.

In comparison, one of the concensus pound for pound fighters, Usyk was a four-belt unified champion. He was scheduled to fight some mma fighter, and then fought a damn near 40 year old 5 day replacement. This guy was fresh off his couch and hasn't been a contender in years. Yet, NOBODY had issue with Usyk's first warm up in a heavier division, and some think he should fight another bum to get acclimated.
                    Usyk having fought a terrible tune-up doesn't justify what's going on with Davis. Also, Usyk was definitely criticized for facing Witherspoon on this board. You stating that nobody had an issue with that fight tells me you weren't paying much attention.

Comment

Tank needs a scintillating performance and do a absolute demolition job on gamboa... it is a crap fight vs a VERY faded fighter, lose lose for tank if he even loses a single round in this fight it will hurt his profile... needs to be a punch perfect destructive performance.... something he is very capable of doing. 2020 m.p needs to be his break out year... building a fan base fighting has beens isnt the best way to go about it... mind u he does have time on his hands

Comment

Working...
                      X