Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Omar Figueroa: I Thought I Beat John Molina Comfortably

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was not close at all. Molina got out punched pretty much the whole fight. I want to see Omar vs Danny Garcia next. He'd probably lose but it would be a good fight.

Comment

Those judges should be suspended
      If it were up to me I would throw them out of boxing and begin the cleansing
      Just fughin awful

Comment

I thought Omar won by two rounds max
        I would of been content also with a draw as some rounds were difficult to score

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
          Anyone who had Molina winning the fight is a *****ing clown. Point blank period.

Omar clearly won that fight, I don't understand where anyone is even coming from saying it could've gone either way.
          LOL at these Omar fans.... always with the Omar him great. Me no take no argue. LOL!!!!

Fact is your hero was tested all night, and it was in reality a one-point win at best. Just get ready when Omar takes on an elite. He takes way too many incoming shots to win one of those fights. Sorry to haveta be the one to break the news to ya, friend.

Comment

Omar vs Broner in Texas. Broner likes to pat his shoulder saying he fights former champions over and over, so I can see this fight happening next.

Comment

Anyhow, both were so slow that it looked like they were exchanging blows inside an aquarium.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Nope but how about Figueroa vs the winner of Peterson vs Lipinets?
                I'd watch that fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  I had Figs winning by a round or two but those cards were atrocious.

I mean what's the point of doing the other dude that dirty?
                  Nobody knows why it happens like that in boxing. Some say it's corrupt others say the judges are horrible and some just deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                    You only saw Figueroa's punches, evidently. Molina threw less but hit him as well, and more effectively sometimes.

A draw would have been the fairest outcome, a point or even two for either fighter could have been acceptable, but those were incompetent - or bought - judges.

Figueroa's pressure was ineffective for large chunks of the fight, but there's always someone who sees making a lot of foam in the water as the sign of a dominant performance. It reminds me of De La Hoya winning fights on screaming chicks after his missed flurries.
                    ... Omar legit couldn't miss coming in all night. He was VERY accurate with his punches, and they were very effective. He hurt Molina several times during the fight, while he was never hurt himself.

Molina would land one or two, Fig would walk through it and pierce through Molina with several accurate clean punches. Omar controlled the fight, especially on the inside. Ate shots coming in, but got in nontheless and always landed his own with pop and more volume. He outworked Molina clearly.

The judges scorecards were not wrong except 99-91.

I had it 97-93.

Comment

Bullshit man! You lost that fight. You are now a round, blown up shot fighter and a gatekeeper. You no longer have the same work rate or cardiovascular conditioning that you once had. Which is largely due to inactivity because of the brittle hands you suffered from the fight you had with Nihito Arakawa who ruined you.

Comment

Working...
                      X