No announcement yet.

James Toney meets Reggie Johnson for the first time since their 1991 fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    ShoulderRoll, can u explain how u are able to embed that as you do??? THANKS either way...
    Hi John Scully.

Sure thing:

1. Go to the link you posted.
    2. Click or tap Share.
    3. Click or tap Embed.
    4. Copy the embed code you see and paste it here when you post.

That should do it but let me know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Thank u buddy, appreciate it!

Comment

That's awesome!! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

is Johnson disabled?

Plus Id love to visit the HOF but it is way too far for me.

Comment

Johnson was a very good fighter. Remember his early fights on cable. His fight with Greg Dickson was a breakout fight for him. His win over Steve Collins and Lamar Parks set up his career. When he fought Toney previous to those, he surprised many.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              is Johnson disabled?

Plus Id love to visit the HOF but it is way too far for me.
              Nah, Reggie is fine. And, SERIOUSLY...you should get to the HOF...it is the most incredible weekend u could ever imagine

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                Nah, Reggie is fine. And, SERIOUSLY...you should get to the HOF...it is the most incredible weekend u could ever imagine
                I definitely will one day, just have to organise a trip to the US and have various things planned out. Maybe in the next couple years, might even have a great class to look forward to.

Also nice to hear Johnson is well.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  how hard does beterbiev punch, and what are your impressions of him? you were a LHW too, primarily, right?

very cool video, BTW. toney sounded pretty good.
                  I have never sparred him of course and contrary to popular belief you CANNOT truly measure a boxers punching power based on how hard he hits the pads...however, I take the word of each of his sparring partners who tell me he punches UNUSUALLY HARD.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Johnson was a very good fighter. Remember his early fights on cable. His fight with Greg Dickson was a breakout fight for him. His win over Steve Collins and Lamar Parks set up his career. When he fought Toney previous to those, he surprised many.
                    You could argue he only lost one fight and that was to Roy Jones.

He came up short on a lot of decisions he was unlucky to get.

He made Toney look like an absolute novice for large portions of their fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X