No announcement yet.

One tweet wiped out $1.3 billion of Snapchat's market value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Amazon will take over the world soon lol.. that Bezos has a huge number of other companies also.. Malls in America are starting to close already.. give it 10-15 years there will be no need for them
    as a kid, going to the mall and hanging out was fun. you get to chase girls, watch movies, be away from the drama at home. i wonder if what you say is true, there will be a new hang out spot for kids then?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      THIS!

Remember when I took over marketing for my new job and instead of hiring a social media manager I did all those projects myself and I asked BSL how does snapchat work and everyone made fun of me.

F snapchat its gay as hell, of course my grown arse don't know how to use no gay snapchat.

I hope snapchat falls obsolete like vine and all them other gay apps. No straight grown man should be using them gay arse dog ears and nose. What is wrong with this younger generation.
      Its so dumb. I dont know how to use it, and damn who wants to take selfies 20 times a day? I take horrible selfies anyway.

Whenever I talk to a new girl from Tinder or I meet some chick at a bar, the conversation always goes to "do you have Snapchat" I say no and they think I'm lying, and have some secret Snapchat that I live my 'player' lifestyle on.

Swear to God. It's ridiculous lol.

Comment

snapchat isnt going anywhere. people say the update sucks but i remember people moan about every update on facebook yet they get used to it. people are gonna keep on taking selfies.

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Amazon will take over the world soon lol.. that Bezos has a huge number of other companies also.. Malls in America are starting to close already.. give it 10-15 years there will be no need for them
          yup he is the guy who will wipe out netflix I bet he buys it out though like he bought out other companies

nobody can compete with him, he has his own Kindle fire tablet, amazon phone, he bought Whole foods and might by Dollar tree, he is also getting into the gym business health and fitness, the man already has amazon streaming tv shows and movies.

And I heard he will come out with a search engine called Alexa

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Snapchat is ****ing gay. And I'm a millennial.
            Hell yeah it's gay.

It's my favorite way to send c0ck pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Hell yeah it's gay.

It's my favorite way to send c0ck pics though.
              Ive sent many pic and vid this way

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Snap was totally overbought, overpriced and had a horrible ER..

This was a long time coming, shorts were stacking up.

Im just glad that i limit ordered some FB in January and it hit when Snap was on a tear.

Tesla and netflix will be the next to fall
                Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Why Tesla and Netflix? I can understand Snap because there's only so many filters to keep people interested before they get tired of it all. But Tesla and Netflix can continue to expand. Netflix hasn't even gotten into the live streaming market yet.
                At the prices snap, Tesla and Netflix are at, they can only crash and burn.

This has nothing to do with the products themselves, but instead is entirely based on current stock price and fundamentals of the company.

“Price is what you pay, value is what you get” - W. Buffett

These stocks are going to get beheaded in a down market, based solely on the fact their ridiculous price.

All 3 have horrible fundamentals if you break down the financials.

As more and more millennial are entering the market and more baby boomers leave, you are seeing a trend in stock selection. Brands that are familiar with millenials are skyrocketing ie Apple, amazon, Tesla, fb, Netflix, Twitter, etc
                The old school baby boomer go-to’s of GE, Exxon, Sears, mcd, aren’t seeing the same uptick. Even in a huge bull market.
                But this has also caused the millenial stocks to become greatly overpriced and due for a huge correction.

Snap- though revenue has gone up, the cost of revenue has skyrocketed. These guys are losing more and more money as they get a bigger base and that trend is unsustainable, and a clear red flag. They burn thru billions each year and the amount is growing. They had 800 million in revenue last year but product cost them 700 million, and that’s before any operating expenses. 3 years ago they did 40 mil at a cost of 14 mil, 2 years ago they did 80 mil at a cost of 44 mil, and this past year did 800 mil but at a cost of 714 million. As revenue skyrockets, the cost skyrockets even more. These guys are gonna lose a lot of money and be bought by fb or Apple for about $10 a share.

Tesla- same thing, these guys are EXTREMELY losing money at a compounding rate. They are nowhere near profitable, have to borrow billions a year, have huge supply chain issues, and facing increasing competition. This company has horrible financial statements. Like SNAP, this trend will cater the stock price back to more reasonable levels

Netflix is the best out of the 3 but still has to borrow billions a year. They are gonna see some huge challenges coming up, as growth is going to slow to single digits,because damn near everybody already has it. They are only profitable now because of the debt they take on to fund operations. Disney is about to enter the space and can afford to get into a price war, and Netflix cannot cut pricing and will most likely be forced to increase it as content costs rise.
                They are currently trading at a pe around 150 and projected forward pe of 100. This is completely overpriced and is due for a dramatic pullback, especially when Disney enters the picture and starts snagging marketshare.

All of these companies are trading over 150x earnings. Compare that to Microsoft at 70 or Nvidia at 60. These companies are pricey but they print money and will continue for a long time.

Apple and Jpm trade at below 20 pe, their is real value there as both print money and will for a long time.

In a down market, the high pe stocks that are losing huge sums of money and borrowing more money in bigger amounts ever year will get slaughtered from their current price levels.
                Same thing happened in the dot com bubble.

Snapchat will go down the drain and get bought or end up like GoPro

Tesla will continue to lose tons of money, price will probably cater, but they have 50/50 chance to survive as a company.

Netflix will eventually settle into a reasonable price and will most likely be around for a long long time, but at current price, just wait for it to pullback, or for earning to catch it.

Buying any of these at 150x, 220x earnings is a recipe to lose money
                Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                Tesla will be fine. Elon funds the companies shortfalls he’s a multi billionaire he’s gives a **** and will just keep writing checks. People are lined up waiting on Tesla’s. They careless about the wait. They are dropping up to 150k and waiting months to get em. Me and my wife have two model s’. Fantastic cars. Tesla will not go nowhere. Once they cure their issues they will dominate more than they already are. I only wish I invested when they went public.

From a few months ago,

Look at Tesla now, that meltdown of an ER call by Elon.

The numbers never lie

Comment

From a few months ago,

The numbers never lie
                  Real wise quess, Nostradamus.
                  "Tesla has a 50-50 chance of going down"

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                    Real wise quess, Nostradamus.
                    "Tesla has a 50-50 chance of going down"
                    Living life on the edge with that one, lol.

Comment

From a few months ago,

The numbers never lie
                      Tesla yes but you’re wrong about Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                      X