No announcement yet.

One tweet wiped out $1.3 billion of Snapchat's market value

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    If I were Snapchat I would have just sold it for a couple billion when they were offered to be bought out.

Vine became obsolete.
    vine didnt die cause it was unpopular..

and the snapchat update is horrible

Comment

Snapchat is ****ing gay. And I'm a millennial.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-in-one-tweet

Somebody explain to me why Snapchat is a publicly traded company. It's an app. These apps come and go. The only social media sites/apps that have shown staying power is Twitter and Facebook (Instagram).

The new snapchat is fcking disgusting.

I am dont want to use it any more. Its now fcking annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Why Tesla and Netflix? I can understand Snap because there's only so many filters to keep people interested before they get tired of it all. But Tesla and Netflix can continue to expand. Netflix hasn't even gotten into the live streaming market yet.
          Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Agree. I don't see Netflix going anywhere unless they f#ck up big somewhere along the way. I don't follow stock sh^t anymore, but I'd have trouble believing its still not a long term buy.
          Tesla and Netflix fall is a possiblity but only if there are competitors to wipe them out.

TESLA dominates the Electric car market they basically established brand loyalty similar following to Apple so them falling is unlikely unless there is a huge recall on vehicles and other issues causing bad PR for the company and a competitor comes a long with a cheaper more efficient car and brand marketing.

Netlfix is probably more likely to fall, the reason is Amazon.

Amazon has their own streaming services, and shows, what will happen or could happen is Amazon can out bid for movies and get a contract with certain studios to stream the movies.

Amazon is the biggest threat to netflix. Amazon could even buy out Netflix in the future if Netflix starts dying out and just take the name and market the amazing films and streaming as Netflix by amazon.

Amazon is the biggest powerhouse you can buy sell, and stream. its an all in one marketplace.
          At the prices snap, Tesla and Netflix are at, they can only crash and burn.

This has nothing to do with the products themselves, but instead is entirely based on current stock price and fundamentals of the company.

“Price is what you pay, value is what you get” - W. Buffett

These stocks are going to get beheaded in a down market, based solely on the fact their ridiculous price.

All 3 have horrible fundamentals if you break down the financials.

As more and more millennial are entering the market and more baby boomers leave, you are seeing a trend in stock selection. Brands that are familiar with millenials are skyrocketing ie Apple, amazon, Tesla, fb, Netflix, Twitter, etc
          The old school baby boomer go-to’s of GE, Exxon, Sears, mcd, aren’t seeing the same uptick. Even in a huge bull market.
          But this has also caused the millenial stocks to become greatly overpriced and due for a huge correction.

Snap- though revenue has gone up, the cost of revenue has skyrocketed. These guys are losing more and more money as they get a bigger base and that trend is unsustainable, and a clear red flag. They burn thru billions each year and the amount is growing. They had 800 million in revenue last year but product cost them 700 million, and that’s before any operating expenses. 3 years ago they did 40 mil at a cost of 14 mil, 2 years ago they did 80 mil at a cost of 44 mil, and this past year did 800 mil but at a cost of 714 million. As revenue skyrockets, the cost skyrockets even more. These guys are gonna lose a lot of money and be bought by fb or Apple for about $10 a share.

Tesla- same thing, these guys are EXTREMELY losing money at a compounding rate. They are nowhere near profitable, have to borrow billions a year, have huge supply chain issues, and facing increasing competition. This company has horrible financial statements. Like SNAP, this trend will cater the stock price back to more reasonable levels

Netflix is the best out of the 3 but still has to borrow billions a year. They are gonna see some huge challenges coming up, as growth is going to slow to single digits,because damn near everybody already has it. They are only profitable now because of the debt they take on to fund operations. Disney is about to enter the space and can afford to get into a price war, and Netflix cannot cut pricing and will most likely be forced to increase it as content costs rise.
          They are currently trading at a pe around 150 and projected forward pe of 100. This is completely overpriced and is due for a dramatic pullback, especially when Disney enters the picture and starts snagging marketshare.

All of these companies are trading over 150x earnings. Compare that to Microsoft at 70 or Nvidia at 60. These companies are pricey but they print money and will continue for a long time.

Apple and Jpm trade at below 20 pe, their is real value there as both print money and will for a long time.

In a down market, the high pe stocks that are losing huge sums of money and borrowing more money in bigger amounts ever year will get slaughtered from their current price levels.
          Same thing happened in the dot com bubble.

Snapchat will go down the drain and get bought or end up like GoPro

Tesla will continue to lose tons of money, price will probably cater, but they have 50/50 chance to survive as a company.

Netflix will eventually settle into a reasonable price and will most likely be around for a long long time, but at current price, just wait for it to pullback, or for earning to catch it.

Buying any of these at 150x, 220x earnings is a recipe to lose money

Comment

Tesla will be fine. Elon funds the companies shortfalls he’s a multi billionaire he’s gives a **** and will just keep writing checks. People are lined up waiting on Tesla’s. They careless about the wait. They are dropping up to 150k and waiting months to get em. Me and my wife have two model s’. Fantastic cars. Tesla will not go nowhere. Once they cure their issues they will dominate more than they already are. I only wish I invested when they went public.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

This has nothing to do with the products themselves, but instead is entirely based on current stock price and fundamentals of the company.

These stocks are going to get beheaded in a down market, based solely on the fact their ridiculous price.

As more and more millennial are entering the market and more baby boomers leave, you are seeing a trend in stock selection. Brands that are familiar with millenials are skyrocketing ie Apple, amazon, Tesla, fb, Netflix, Twitter, etc
              The old school baby boomer go-to’s of GE, Exxon, Sears, mcd, aren’t seeing the same uptick. Even in a huge bull market.
              But this has also caused the millenial stocks to become greatly overpriced and due for a huge correction.

Snap- though revenue has gone up, the cost of revenue has skyrocketed. These guys are losing more and more money as they get a bigger base and that trend is unsustainable, and a clear red flag. They burn thru billions each year and the amount is growing. They had 800 million in revenue last year but product cost them 700 million, and that’s before any operating expenses. 3 years ago they did 40 mil at a cost of 14 mil, 2 years ago they did 80 mil at a cost of 44 mil, and this past year did 800 mil but at a cost of 714 million. As revenue skyrockets, the cost skyrockets even more. These guys are gonna lose a lot of money and be bought by fb or Apple for about $10 a share.

Tesla- same thing, these guys are EXTREMELY losing money at a compounding rate. They are nowhere near profitable, have to borrow billions a year, have huge supply chain issues, and facing increasing competition. This company has horrible financial statements. Like SNAP, this trend will cater the stock price back to more reasonable levels

Netflix is the best out of the 3 but still has to borrow billions a year. They are gonna see some huge challenges coming up, as growth is going to slow to single digits,because damn near everybody already has it. They are only profitable now because of the debt they take on to fund operations. Disney is about to enter the space and can afford to get into a price war, and Netflix cannot cut pricing and will most likely be forced to increase it as content costs rise.
              They are currently trading at a pe around 150 and projected forward pe of 100. This is completely overpriced and is due for a dramatic pullback, especially when Disney enters the picture and starts snagging marketshare.

All of these companies are trading over 150x earnings. Compare that to Microsoft at 70 or Nvidia at 60. These companies are pricey but they print money and will continue for a long time.

Apple and Jpm trade at below 20 pe, their is real value there as both print money and will for a long time.

In a down market, the high pe stocks that are losing huge sums of money and borrowing more money in bigger amounts ever year will get slaughtered from their current price levels.

Tesla will continue to lose tons of money, price will probably cater, but they have 50/50 chance to survive as a company.

Netflix will eventually settle into a reasonable price and will most likely be around for a long long time, but at current price, just wait for it to pullback, or for earning to catch it.

Damn. I think Adam just taught me something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Comment

Tesla and Netflix fall is a possiblity but only if there are competitors to wipe them out.

TESLA dominates the Electric car market they basically established brand loyalty similar following to Apple so them falling is unlikely unless there is a huge recall on vehicles and other issues causing bad PR for the company and a competitor comes a long with a cheaper more efficient car and brand marketing.

Netlfix is probably more likely to fall, the reason is Amazon.

Amazon has their own streaming services, and shows, what will happen or could happen is Amazon can out bid for movies and get a contract with certain studios to stream the movies.

Amazon is the biggest threat to netflix. Amazon could even buy out Netflix in the future if Netflix starts dying out and just take the name and market the amazing films and streaming as Netflix by amazon.

Amazon is the biggest powerhouse you can buy sell, and stream. its an all in one marketplace.
                  Amazon will take over the world soon lol.. that Bezos has a huge number of other companies also.. Malls in America are starting to close already.. give it 10-15 years there will be no need for them

Comment

The new Snapchat update certainly did not help anything.....

I almost exclusively use it to communicate with friends. Many as far away as Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Snapchat is ****ing gay. And I'm a millennial.
                      THIS!

Remember when I took over marketing for my new job and instead of hiring a social media manager I did all those projects myself and I asked BSL how does snapchat work and everyone made fun of me.

F snapchat its gay as hell, of course my grown arse don't know how to use no gay snapchat.

I hope snapchat falls obsolete like vine and all them other gay apps. No straight grown man should be using them gay arse dog ears and nose. What is wrong with this younger generation.

Comment

Working...
                      X