Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Saunders that good or is Lemuiex just overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
    Lemieux is just crap. Great power but that's it... He got schooled by Joachim Alcine... I never rated Lemieux has a top fighter...
    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Regulus View Post
      Not surprised to see this scab on his knees in worship.

The bar is set much higher for Black fighters.
      For obvious reasons.

I doubt somebody like you would give a Black fighter credit for beating David Lemieux..
      So Saunders has white privilege now?

Dude, seriously...he grew up on a caravan site.

Stop acting like a victim, its embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        GGG couldn't cut off the ring all that well against Canelo (a slickster) and he was hitting air for the most part, how would he do it against Saunders, who has better footwork than Canelo and is faster?

I think many are underrating Saunders.
        Because Canelo knows how to stop GGG"s offensive attack by stepping over and sliding off the ropes like Floyd.

Floyd knows how to counter Canelo"s Mexican style and slide off the ropes and stepping over pivoting his foot and countering the Mexican style footwork of cutting off the ring.

Pernnel Whitaker was a master at this, he did this against Chavez.

Canelo learned allot of his, Floyd / Mexican, mixed style from copying Floyd and using the Mexican style of boxing mixing the two styles together. then used it against GGG.

Lemuiex doesn't use a jab or cuts off the ring whatsoever he just chases fighters around the ring.

Watch fighters fight Hector Camacho and look lost and terrible chasing him around not knowing proper footwork to counter him.

Then watch Chavez destroy Camacho using proper countering footwork from the Mexican style and Chavez destroys Camacho easy with no hard work.

Then watch Chavez use the same Mexican style and footwork against Whitaker and watch Pernnel Whitaker counter the hell out of Chavez, making him look silly and shutting him down and you will get your answers.

Some Boxers know how to counter other Boxing styles and other Boxers don't and can't counter other styles because they weren't taught this or just can't learn it.

This is why.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
          Lemieux was overrated, and Saunders was underrated. People can call me crazy, but I'd take Saunders over GGG at this point.
          Co-sign... Saunders size and movement are a pure nightmare for golovkin or canelo

Comment

I don't think Lemieux is overrated. He just is what he is. A very hard hitting guy that has trouble with people who can move/box

Comment

Remember there's a counter to a counter to everything and then Fighting comes down to athletic abilities and speed, timing and chin, heart, stamina, age and the will to win, or how much punishment you can take, or is willing to take. Boxing an opponent that can't shut your offensive attacks down and you can't shut his offensive attacks down, then this becomes a chess-match

Watch Sugar Ray Lenard vs Hearn"s and Riddick Bowe vs Holyfield and Lennox Lewis vs Klitchscko, all of those fights came down to Heart and chins, stamina and speed and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                Co-sign... Saunders size and movement are a pure nightmare for golovkin or canelo
                I think he might be too fast and too much southpaw, but Golovkins work rate will cause problems. I would expect a close fight.

Comment

Nobody praised Lemieux as a "great" fighter. He's good, very good. Saunders is the worst possible style for him. He's longer and more mobile. It's similar to Barrera - he's proven that he's good (albeit chinny) fighter, but he looked slow as molasses against Ward.

Saunders has proven previously that he's good. He beat Eubank, who's currently the favorite for SMW supremacy, and he beat Lee, knocking him down.

Saunders was severely out of shape and annoying. But unless you have memory of a goldfish, everyone knew that he's good.

Comment

Working...
                  X