Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Saunders that good or is Lemuiex just overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lakerstekkenn View Post
    The truth is Saunders isn't that good and Lemuiex isn't that good, It's just that Saunders is better then Lemuiex.

Lemuiex has trouble cutting off the ring against Saunders, because of Saunders quick feet, Lemuiex doesn't know how to set-up traps like Chavez Sr, who was a master at this, the only fighter that shut Chavez down was another all time great Pernnel Whitaker and there's no shame in that.

Other fighters that gave Saunders trouble could cut the ring off watch the Saunders vs Eubank jr fight, Eubank"s jr did a better job fighting Saunders and almost beat him because of knowing how to stop Saunders quick feet movement by cutting off the ring.

GGG will beat Saunders by knockout, because he will set-up traps and take away Saunders movement, like Eubank jr and do a better job of it, unless GGG has already lost his skills due to age, because GGG has already knocked out counter punching slick Boxers like Saunders before and is a better fighter then Eubanks is.

The Mexican style works on cutting off the ring against slick quick footwork fighters religiously and making them fight an inside brutal fight with brutal body shots and head shots, to take their legs away and then stopping them, Chavez Sr vs Taylor fight. Chavez vs Hector Camacho.

Saunders & Lemuiex are not your what we call elite champions or on that top level, they are the 2 levels below this. Just like GGG isn't on Roy Jones Jr or Floyd"s Level GGG is 1 level below them, GGG is on the Level with Canelo Alvarez, just below Floyd.
    GGG couldn't cut off the ring all that well against Canelo (a slickster) and he was hitting air for the most part, how would he do it against Saunders, who has better footwork than Canelo and is faster?

I think many are underrating Saunders.

Comment

He's always been one dimensional, lacking skills, possessing great power. Folks on here, probably GGG stans I guess were keen on hyping him up as some destroyer. This was an easy fight to predict because bjs is better and more skillful than what people believe.

Comment

I think he is that good. He just never showed that much skill before and he credits his new trainer and his new seriousness about training and perfecting his skills for fighting better than he ever fought before. He also had the perfect style for Lemieux. Lemieux is still a dangerous fighter and not that easy to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
          GGG couldn't cut off the ring all that well against Canelo (a slickster) and he was hitting air for the most part, how would he do it against Saunders, who has better footwork than Canelo and is faster?

I think many are underrating Saunders.
          I agree and i'm a big GGG fan.

Stylistically i think Saunders at his best gives both GGG and Canelo problems for that reason.

The thing with Saunders v GGG is it would be that GGG's pressure would be a true test of Saunders' stamina. Last night he went 12 easy but he was in control and working at his own pace. GGG could force him to work 3 minutes a round at a different pace.

I'm not even sure how Canelo copes with that movement given his other performances v slick movers. He doesn't have the work rate to exhaust Saunders, i don't think he hits that hard at MW either. Planting his feet and trying to land a few flashy combinations v that style won't work either.

Then again, all Canelo needs to do is land a few shots each round and he gets a 10-9.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
            He's always been one dimensional, lacking skills, possessing great power. Folks on here, probably GGG stans I guess were keen on hyping him up as some destroyer. This was an easy fight to predict because bjs is better and more skillful than what people believe.
            The betting odds were even so it's wasn't easy to predict for guys who set odds for a living. Why must GGG fans be stans? Don't you think he has earned some fans?

Comment

my god Lemieux's footwork is ****e. Doesn't throw a fooking jab. Can't cut the ring off. Eats jabs flush cause he barely moves his head.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                The betting odds were even so it's wasn't easy to predict for guys who set odds for a living. Why must GGG fans be stans? Don't you think he has earned some fans?
                oddsmakers don't predict who wins fights.

I actually really have come to like GGG over the years. It's just a lot of his fans have really started hyping Lemieux when it was clear what kind of fighter he was.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post

Stylistically i think Saunders at his best gives both GGG and Canelo problems for that reason.

The thing with Saunders v GGG is it would be that GGG's pressure would be a true test of Saunders' stamina. Last night he went 12 easy but he was in control and working at his own pace. GGG could force him to work 3 minutes a round at a different pace.

I'm not even sure how Canelo copes with that movement given his other performances v slick movers. He doesn't have the work rate to exhaust Saunders, i don't think he hits that hard at MW either. Planting his feet and trying to land a few flashy combinations v that style won't work either.

Then again, all Canelo needs to do is land a few shots each round and he gets a 10-9.
                  Excellent post, bro, top to bottom. Saunders was something else last night. Flashes of prime Floyd.

Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post

Good points. Golovkin pressure will test Saunders stamina.

Canelos style, we have already seen it against a slicker mover. He was fortunate to say the least against Lara, plus BJS is a big MW.

Bad fight for Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                      Lemieux has always been garbage. You're just holding him up because you have GGG nuts tapped to your forehead.

Comment

Working...
                      X