Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte in Vegas to have meetings with PBC. Claims he's a free agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haymon didn't even pay Wilder in title fights .Ortiz made 500,000 or around against his champion, how much does Whyte think he's going to make ? This will be comical should he leave Hearn. Whytes literally got no following here. Even Joyce will be more known after Stiverne.

Comment

Whyte's stock is artificially high right now, imo. Don't get me wrong, I like watching him fight but he just isn't that good. When the wheels come off, as they would again against Joshua, he will be seen as the fringe contender that he is.

It would be just like PBC to overpay for Whyte but good luck to him I say. Whyte would at least have a decent shot at beating Wilder if he could get that fight. A lot of fighters COULD beat Wilder but going 12 without getting knocked out isn't as easy as it might look.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
        Haymon didn't even pay Wilder in title fights .Ortiz made 500,000 or around against his champion, how much does Whyte think he's going to make ? This will be comical should he leave Hearn. Whytes literally got no following here. Even Joyce will be more known after Stiverne.
        Who says Whyte would be just fighting in the states? Haymon has a UK PPV platform now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Lmao you mad Wilder worth 20M thanks to Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Obviously the guy who received the offer disagrees with you. I'll take his assessment over yours. Especially since he's done exactly everything he's been asked to do. Now when it comes time for the payoff it's not there. Can you understand where he's coming from?
            I think he's exploring possible opportunities in the States, and trying to pressure Hearn into getting him a better offer from AJ at the same time. But he's a stubborn, headstrong guy, so he might end up following through on his threat and leaving Matchroom if Hearn doesn't get him what he thinks he deserves.
            Last edited by kafkod; 01-17-2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Who says Whyte would be just fighting in the states? Haymon has a UK PPV platform now as well.
              If Whyte signed with Haymon and got a fight with the winner of the Fury/Wilder rematch, that would be a great opportunity for him, and a good payday too, I'm sure.

But Hearn is offering him a shot at 3 world titles right now. And for all he knows, he might also be offering him more money than he would get from Fury or Wilder.

Comment

Guy is just trying to get Hearn's attention

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  You expose yourself as an hypocrite hating Hearn. You were one of those saying Whyte is **** and nobody wants to see him fight Joshua. Now here you are arguing for him to get the fight.
                  Show me where I've argued for him to get the fight? Not once have I said Whyte should get the fight next. He's been offered the fight and lowballed. My argument is if he's been offered the fight then pay him what he deserves.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  I think he's exploring possible opportunities in the States, and trying to pressure Hearn into getting him a better offer from AJ at the same time. But he's a stubborn, headstrong guy, so he might end up following through on his threat and leaving Matchroom if Hearn doesn't get him what he thinks he deserves.
                  That's reasonable and that's the correct thing to do. At a certain point you have put your foot down and say I've done everything you asked of me, now I want what I deserve

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    If Whyte signed with Haymon and got a fight with the winner of the Fury/Wilder rematch, that would be a great opportunity for him, and a good payday too, I'm sure.

But Hearn is offering him a shot at 3 world titles right now. And for all he knows, he might also be offering him more money than he would get from Fury or Wilder.
                    Of course, but I was just commenting on saying who is to say Haymon will pay Whyte when he only paid Ortiz 500k. I mean different situations there as Whyte would/could be fighting on PPV on ITV.

Btw, I'm of the belief that Hearn has done a damn good job with Whyte and this is just to scare him to up his offer for Joshua. I don't think he signs with Haymon.

Comment

I think he's pressuring Hearn into paying him more for Joshua, but if he does sign with PBC bravo to him for taking control of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X