Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAZN and Eddie Hearn will snap up lampley and Roy Jones, so don’t worry

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      They should've brought Merchant back for one last show.
      He made a special final appearance on the show with Jim before departing. It was beautiful

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
      It's sad that people just accepted this and swallowed the official line from HBO. They said they're going to refocus their energy on producing high-quality TV programming. Doesn't make sense. The golden era of HBO was during the Sopranos, Oz, Wire era and they were even able to give Deadwood a final season when it was nose-diving and they still had a massive boxing budget. And probably a bigger one with Game of Thrones going mainstream. I don't buy it. It was a cost cutting exercise by the new head of programming, a pure business move with no regard for its history, he didn't even have the decency to give it a standing count, and no...it wasn't "necessary" - different exec with a slight interest in boxing could have made an entirely different decision.
      I agree man. HBO Boxing didn't just die. Peter Nelson went to the gun store, brought a .45, loaded that sum ***** up and straight shot HBO Boxing in the head, without any remorse or recourse.

He's singlehandedly responsible for it dying.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He cries all the time so seeing him cry is nothing new. But seeing Roy cry was surprising and kinda tugged at me a lil bit
      Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      It did me. Roy is my all time fav fighter. When he broke up I was surprised and I had a real reaction to it. I feel like a sissy now lol
      I shed a couple of tears too when Roy cried, I'll be honest. It was 5 30 AM when they aired it here and when I saw that, I thought **** man. Roy is so nice, there's never been a bad word said about him by fighters (generally) and then to see him like that was depressing

Comment

damn good video

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I love ur sig, but regarding the topic, I will miss HBOs commentators TBH.

Comment

Working...
          X