Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the notion that we should root for Floyd just because he's a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    It doesn't matter.

It would still make our sport a laughing stock.

You'd be happy about that for some reason.
    You could argue this charade is making boxing a laughing stock. Also, it's taking attention away from a truly great fight, GGG vs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Floyd hasn't had a legitimate stoppage since 2007. I wouldn't be surprised to see this go the distance. Tough, iron chinned bums go the distance with blue chip prospects all the time.
      Yes, but those iron chinned bums have invested most of their life's into this sport. Conor was getting rocked by slaps from freakin Diaz, a jujitsu practitioner. I see no way how he doesn't go down, Floyd could throw 50 straight rights per round and close to 90% will land flush.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
        You could argue this charade is making boxing a laughing stock. Also, it's taking attention away from a truly great fight, GGG vs Canelo.
        You could argue that this will bring more fans to boxing too. People that follow MMA and not boxing could become interested and watch fights like Canelo-Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          Right but atleast it's considered a joke because everyone thinks Floyd demolishes him.

If he loses? It's the most humilating thing that could ever happen to our sport.

Do you like boxing? What fan of this sport would want one of, if not the best fighters of their era to lose to an MMA fighter with 0 pro OR amateur experience?!

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            I agree, and if you notice when you type in youtube these MMA fans channels none of them are racist or bring up racism, its sad when I type in Pacuqao on youtube all the videos are these race bias black floyd fans laughing and hating on him and being victims and bring up race, no wonder boxing is dying when people search they see these racists idiots videos.

Why cant it just be about sports, The floyd fan influx destroyed boxing, it sucks too, everything is racism this and that and hating on non blacks calling them frauds or bums in retaliation for the criticism Floyd gets.
            It's all Floyd. Everything's Floyd this Floyd that Floyd's fans. Stfu.

Comment

My only issue is that if Conor won, the MMA fan boys would go crazy with disparaging remarks about boxing and how a MMA fighter beat a decorated veteran in his pro debut.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Conor has people parroting that boxing is "half a fight" and isn't real fighting. As a boxing fan, I'd love to see old, fragile Floyd put a hurting on Conor to shut these clowns up.
                Yeah I've seen that and I've let it get to me.

When Conor says "Boxing is easy" it really does annoy me and we should ALL want Floyd to show him why it ain't.

I get people hate Floyd and that's fair enough but rooting for an MMA fighter who's 0-0 (amateur and pro!!!!) Is asinine IMO and mind boggling to be honest I can't fathom why any fan of this sport would think that way.

Comment

I agree, and if you notice when you type in youtube these MMA fans channels none of them are racist or bring up racism, its sad when I type in Pacuqao on youtube all the videos are these race bias black floyd fans laughing and hating on him and being victims and bring up race, no wonder boxing is dying when people search they see these racists idiots videos.

Why cant it just be about sports, The floyd fan influx destroyed boxing, it sucks too, everything is racism this and that and hating on non blacks calling them frauds or bums in retaliation for the criticism Floyd gets.
                  Another reason why it's absent in MMA is because champions don't remain champions for a long time. The best fights the best. Not to mention it takes years to see top fighters fight each other in boxing. That's why arguments and counter arguments linger longer. The same topic is debated for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Yeah I've seen that and I've let it get to me.

When Conor says "Boxing is easy" it really does annoy me and we should ALL want Floyd to show him why it ain't.

I get people hate Floyd and that's fair enough but rooting for an MMA fighter who's 0-0 (amateur and pro!!!!) Is asinine IMO and mind boggling to be honest I can't fathom why any fan of this sport would think that way.
                    I had a work colleague couple of years ago who insisted that Anderson Silva (he was UFC's bigger star at the time) would beat prime Roy Jones...in boxing. True story. I told him what Silvas record in boxing is (1-1) but he still wouldn't shut up.

I don't work with that guy anymore but I can only imagine what would I have to go through right now if I did.

Now I'm not interested in this fight at all because I know what the result will be. But I'm rooting for Floyd even though i dont like him and most likely will not watch this circus.

If McGregor pulled off the upset though...I don't even wanna think about what would happen to this sport. It'd be a disaster.
                    Last edited by Szef; 07-14-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Lying again as usual.....

Comment

Working...
                      X