No announcement yet.

why has PBC been unsuccessful?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
    Pray tell, exactly WHICH Network do you believe Haymon was supposed to convince to designate full blocks of its prime time real estate to broadcasting an ‘allegedly’ dying sport?

I’ll wait.

So called boxing ‘fans’ are a funny breed. An entity (PBC)comes along and starts allowing you to see dayum triple the amount of the (at this point niche) sport you profess to ‘love’ and your primary response is to b!tch and complain about how ‘hard’ it is to find on your television.

Hilarious, yet so sad.
    why are yo so butt hurt doe? lmfao

but I agree with you NSB boxing fans are nothing but a bunch of sensitive ass wannabe tough dudes.

now what network? well giving that he was BUYING the time slot any network he can afford.

He bought prime time hours plenty of times on different networks so ......... idk wtf you talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Didn’t you randomly refer to me as Brother Mustapha last time? Explain why you felt the need to be a piece of **** and throw in that little racist line.
      Forgive and forget.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
        why are yo so butt hurt doe? lmfao

but I agree with you NSB boxing fans are nothing but a bunch of sensitive ass wannabe tough dudes.

now what network? well giving that he was BUYING the time slot any network he can afford.

He bought prime time hours plenty of times on different networks so ......... idk wtf you talking about.
        Again:
        A) Exactly WHICH single network do YOU believe had that much air time for sale to accomodate PBC’s full roster, and

B) Exactly WHICH single network do YOU think was going to dedicate that much of its ‘sold’ prime time to boxing?

I’ll wait.

Comment

Again:
          A) Exactly WHICH single network do YOU believe had that much air time for sale to accomodate PBC’s full roster, and

B) Exactly WHICH single network do YOU think was going to dedicate that much of its ‘sold’ prime time to boxing?

I’ll wait.
          LOL any network, its called negotiation lol. UFC did it right? I bet they glad they didnt have any weak minded people like you on the team or else they never would have got anything done.

Comment

I forgot all about pbc this yr

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              LOL any network, its called negotiation lol. UFC did it right? I bet they glad they didnt have any weak minded people like you on the team or else they never would have got anything done.
              So in other words, you cant name a network.

Cool, thanks for playing.

And the only ‘weak mindedness’ being displayed here is by boxing ‘fans’ complaining that increased and expanded coverage of the sport they profess to love is ‘too hard’ to track.

Aight then.

Comment

So in other words, you cant name a network.

Cool, thanks for playing.

And the only ‘weak mindedness’ being displayed here is by boxing ‘fans’ complaining that increased and expanded coverage of the sport they profess to love is ‘too hard’ to track.

Aight then.
                never understood the complain. Those guys are on boxingscene and its just one or two clicks to the boxingscene schedule.
                PBCs homepage has their whole schedule listed or just use google.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  3 years since its inception and on its last legs, PBC has never quite captured the publics imagination as haymon would have hoped for, amid reports of financial losses and disgruntled fighters.

So why has PBC been a failure? what could have been done differently?
                  This is all about race for you and nothing else. I bet you can't name one black fighter that you are a fan of. be honest you want PBC to fail despite being a boxing fan. You are an Alt right scumbag first boxing fan second, you'd rather watch the whole thing collapse than be entertained by a black organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                    This is all about race for you and nothing else. I bet you can't name one black fighter that you are a fan of. be honest you want PBC to fail despite being a boxing fan. You are an Alt right scumbag first boxing fan second, you'd rather watch the whole thing collapse than be entertained by a black organisation.
                    shut the **** up man lol. what do you want me to say? 'oh yeah pbc has brought boxing back to the mainstream, the public love it and they are all huge stars' GTFOH with your black and white bull****!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Why did it fail? Because almost from the get go it failed to make big fights happen and had hampered its own fighters by barely giving them 1 date a year to fight on.

So far this year they've had 6 cards and yet only 2 of the 11 fights put on there had any relevant (wilder/ortiz and hurd/lara). That too after years of Wilder and Lara fighting nobodies.

Last year they had 39 cards, and only 5 fights which meant something, one of them wasn't even an entirely PBC fight but with the help of matchroom....5 out of 40+ fights, with so many of those fights taking place on unknown channels and not even advertised.

So much for bringing boxing into the American mainstream and putting it on prime time on major TV channels.

The worst sin is that the top fighters signed to Haymon have become so inactive.

Keith Thurman, who was averaging a little over 3 fights a year, since the start of PBC has averaged 1 fight a year (its actually worse than that but I cba to get into the full monthly details).

Shawn Porter is faring only slightly better. Garcia's probably had the worse ride as he hasnt even faced any top opponents outside Thurman.

Adonis Stevenson, the premier light heavyweight on the planet...at one time, on fire after KOing Dawson has only fought 4 times since the start of PBC, not a single one of those fights against Jov, Hopkins or Ward.

This is why it has failed and is now on unknown tv channels, at unknown times with unknown fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X