No announcement yet.

why has PBC been unsuccessful?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    the viewing figures are atrocious. maybe theres one year somewhere or something thats statistically lower but as far as im aware and everything ive read states that interest in boxing america is lowest than its ever been. ward was your top fighter and noone bought the kovalev ppv, wilders earning figures are atrocious and struggles to sell tickets, your p4p number 1 crawford is a nobody.
    I don't want to hear "atrocious." I want statistical findings that show what you say in comparison to combat peers over the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
      Jacobs already left and joined Hearn.
      Don't know what these other PBC fighters are waiting for.
      Oh genrick and your tales. I'll be upping this as well. Always good to lift up your skirt.

Comment

get the **** out of my thread!!!!!!
        Truth hurts?

Comment

Comment

PBC was supposed to be about having big fights on free TV. I guess they spoiled us, but things have basically gone back to how they were. Boxing is now back almost entirely on premium cable, which was probably the end goal anyway. Build these fighters on free TV and entice fans to get a SHO subscription.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 04-14-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              I think they spread themselves too thin.

should have been alot more disciplined and patient and most importantly CONSISTENT!

now its great it 99% back on showtime (back to basically where they started), but when they were hopping from spike, to nbc, to cbs, to espn, to bounce tv, to showtime, to fox it was too crazy to keep up with, you had to actually fucking go out of your way to find it.

Should have strike a deal with 1 network to be on at the same time/day every-week.

what I would have done would have set it up like this.

Week 1) Saturday 7pm - good stacked card
              Week 2) Saturday 7pm - good stacked card
              Week 3) Saturday 7pm - In House Review Show, Preshow for for week 4 event, general PBC boxing talk with guest
              Week 4) Saturday 7pm - REAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH! STACKED! Multiple main events.
              Every 3 months this replaces week4) PPV - (to recoup $$$$ you are spending and pay the fighters that are worth more $$$)

This setup might have cost them a lil more per airing but would have saved them alot more as opposed to spreading themselves out everywhere and would have accomplished alot more as far as establishing their branding etc and they could have introduced their own belt here and it would have been accepted this way, now the boat has passed money dried up and they basically just a few steps ahead of the starting line when they could have been so far ahead no one could have catch up, now you got fighters leaving to join other promoters, fighters who site out for a year etc cause they missed the boat on what could have been.

PBC could have been so much more and would have been a great move for boxing if it was played right, instead imo was just really a money grab with the hopes that PBC boxing would work out aswell but the money grab was more at play here imo.
              Pray tell, exactly WHICH Network do you believe Haymon was supposed to convince to designate full blocks of its prime time real estate to broadcasting an ‘allegedly’ dying sport?

I’ll wait.

So called boxing ‘fans’ are a funny breed. An entity (PBC)comes along and starts allowing you to see dayum triple the amount of the (at this point niche) sport you profess to ‘love’ and your primary response is to b!tch and complain about how ‘hard’ it is to find on your television.

Hilarious, yet so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Last night’s card was pretty terrible.

So was last week’s.

So was, wait...what?
                PBC had a card last night?

I think you're confusing PBC with Showtime last week.

Al failed buddy. Accept it. I was a big fan in the beggining. Just check my 2015-2016 post history. But I'm an adult, not a cheerleader. Al was exposed once his prize horse (Mayweather) faded into Bolivian.

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
                  Failure according to whom?
                  They have had great fights and put more on schedule.

Errol Spence Jr. - Lamont Peterson
                  Danny Garcia - Brandon Rios
                  David Benavidez* - Ronald Gavril
                  Deontay Wilder - Luis Ortiz
                  Jarrett Hurd - Erislandy Lara

Next week we have
                  Adrien Broner - Jessie Vargas*
                  Carl Frampton - Nonito Donaire
                  Jermall Charlo - Hugo Centeno Jr.
                  Gervonta Davis - Jesus Cuellar
                  Amir Khan - Phil Lo Greco

Future fights
                  Adonis Stevenson - Badou Jack
                  Gary Russell Jr.* - Joseph Diaz
                  Leo Santa Cruz - Abner Mares
                  Jermell Charlo - Austin Trout
                  Errol Spence Jr. - Carlos Ocampo

Other possible big fights being talked about

Deontay Wilder vs Anthony Joshua
                  Vasyl Lomachenko vs Gervonta Davis
                  Jermell Charlo vs Jarrett Hurd
                  Danny Garcia vs Shawn Porter

Joshua doesn't become champion unless Haymon and the PBC put his fighters in against him (making him a bigger star in the sport).
                  Top Rank doesn't really move to ESPN unless PBC shows them it could be done at that level (The only difference is they have support of the fans and the media).

PBC got so much hate from the beginning even when they had good fights people would find something to complain about, but how much better is everyone else that promotes fights?
                  Goldenboy only really has Canelo. Loffler has GGG but what else? Duva?

They have stars like Spence and Wilder, more fighters now seem to be willing to fight anyone like the Charlo brothers why don't fans support that? They just need a few more pieces to take them to the next level.
                  Most of that lineup is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    PBC had a card last night?

I think you're confusing PBC with Showtime last week.

Al failed buddy. Accept it. I was a big fan in the beggining. Just check my 2015-2016 post history. But I'm an adult, not a cheerleader. Al was exposed once his prize horse (Mayweather) faded into Bolivian.
                    Didn’t you randomly refer to me as Brother Mustapha last time? Explain why you felt the need to be a piece of **** and throw in that little racist line.

Comment

and i think a lot of you need to get real as to what constitutes a success. whever the viewing figures get released they are usually atrocious, just below some rerun of family guy or some ****. theres 300 odd million people in america, people seem to forget thar when they start saying oh wow great figures when something gets like 800k viewers.
                      I think the promoters and the promotion of the fighters needs to be stepped up kinda like Dana does in mma.
                      Some of these PBC fighters should be huge but their not why?
                      Because like a poster said before their aint no shows talking about the upcoming fights and hype up future fighters.
                      The roster of PBC fights is good imo especially the next cpl of months thry just need to get these fighters known to the casual public

Comment

Working...
                      X