Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did people become fans of promoters instead of fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of y'all know when this happened. Stop playing stupid. This aint some **** the fans started. This was started and encouraged by boxing media. Now everybody acting stupid like they don't know what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      All of y'all know when this happened. Stop playing stupid. This aint some **** the fans started. This was started and encouraged by boxing media. Now everybody acting stupid like they don't know what happened
      And here you see the art of using words to say NOTHING. What Boxing media?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        I never remember people being fans of Don King or Bob Arum back in the day the way people are fans of promoters now.

When did this happen and why?
        I think this along with the business of boxing talk becoming more of a thing is about hardcore fans having too much time on their hands & few big fights to talk about. When fewer big fights happen side talk with big fighters starts being more talked about.

To me, it feels racially motivated and I think it happened when De La Hoya and Haymon broke up.

Thoughts?
        Idk that its motivated by racial bs so much as some mfers live & die on racial sh^t & could make a discussion about their favorite food or book some racial bs even if it wouldnt outwardly seem that way to most cats.

Comment

All promoters care about their money than the fighters. They can not be trusted. Silly for boxing fans to support them.

Comment

I never remember people being fans of Don King or Bob Arum back in the day the way people are fans of promoters now.

To me, it feels racially motivated and I think it happened when De La Hoya and Haymon broke up.

Thoughts?
            It is most definitely racial. I have spoken about it on here many, many times.

Comment

People really think this is something hundreds of thousands of fans all independent of each other suddenly started doing. Just out of the blue the fans started choosing sides.

Ok......

Comment

Can you explain why you think this started to happen?

You said it’s obvious and everyone knows but I really don’t And am curious to hear why you think it happened.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                People really think this is something hundreds of thousands of fans all independent of each other suddenly started doing. Just out of the blue the fans started choosing sides.

Ok......

Comment

Thoughts?
                  Your threads are chit.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... .............................
                    What he said! LOL I give 2 shts about promotors.

I like Canelo (GB)
                    Crawford (Top Skank) I even bought that Postol PPV fight ugg...
                    Spence (PBC)

And many, many more... Kov. Andre Ward (That was a tough fight to be BOTH fans of), Wilder, Fury, Boone, Ortiz, Yunier Dorticos, Usyk, Andrade, Charlo, Pac (HATE his fans), GGG (Hate his fans). And many more. Oh and Floyd (Hate MOST of his fans).

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... .............................
                      Also who you got winning the Kov. Canelo fight? I'm betting Kovalov. I just know there are weight classes for a reason. But you usually call them right??? So if I can get 10:1 odds is that dumb? A bad bet?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X