Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did people become fans of promoters instead of fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did people become fans of promoters instead of fighters?

I never remember people being fans of Don King or Bob Arum back in the day the way people are fans of promoters now.

When did this happen and why?

To me, it feels racially motivated and I think it happened when De La Hoya and Haymon broke up.

Thoughts?

Thank you Al Haymon and PBC for premier prime time boxing on free tv!

Comment

I think it was when the PBC under control of Al Haymon started claiming it was a pro black company. It clearly isnt they are pro business. If they were pro black they wouldnt be ruining black fighters chances of making more money and fighting for world titles, a pro business company would though and thats what Al Haymon does.

But when they claimed to be pro black they gained a fan base cuz some gullible folk out there believed them.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        I never remember people being fans of Don King or Bob Arum back in the day the way people are fans of promoters now.

To me, it feels racially motivated and I think it happened when De La Hoya and Haymon broke up.

Thoughts?
        I think promoter groupies is the dumbest shat I’ve ever seen in all my years of being a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
          I think promoter groupies is the dumbest shat I’ve ever seen in all my years of being a boxing fan.
          I'm standing with this dude here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post

Thoughts?

I first noticed it with the Pacquiao fans... back in 2010

it was ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post

well said !

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5
                I respect what Al Haymon has done for the game. Brought boxing to free TV.
                Free TV? Fury vs Wilder, Pacquiao vs Thurman, Spence vs Porter?

Comment

Originally posted by shanemosleysr View Post
                  i never remember people being fans of don king or bob arum back in the day the way people are fans of promoters now.

To me, it feels racially motivated and i think it happened when de la hoya and haymon broke up.

Thoughts?
                  Originally posted by minutemaid5
                  i respect what al haymon has done for the game. Brought boxing to free tv.
                  Originally posted by squ□redcircle34 View Post
                  thank you al haymon and pbc for premier prime time boxing on free tv!
                  ... .............................

Comment

It's one of the most ridiculous **** that evolved in the boxingscene. I can understand Flowmows and P4ctards going it at at their throats because they are 2 great fighters ,but why TF are you siding on with some ****** ass promoter.

Comment

Working...
                    X