Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Feels 100% Ready For Spence After Testing Eye in Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
    Lol. I have to change my pick to Kell Brook (Spence beheaded on CNN) Tko.
    Kell is cutting no corners for this fight.

Honestly though I don't know who to pick, slightly leaning towards Brook but its basically 50/50 to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
      And you can bet Spence will target that eye all night.
      For sure... and Spence is a southpaw!...

I presume that Brook will have to clinch a lot (Spence is also good when fighting at close range...)

... I don't know: it all depends on Brook's shape after his injury...

I remember that, back in 2006, Malignaggi suffered a fractured right orbital bone and a damaged jaw because of Cotto’s stalking and power... But Paulie didn't quit and lost by a close decision on the scorecards...

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Kell is cutting no corners for this fight.

Honestly though I don't know who to pick, slightly leaning towards Brook but its basically 50/50 to me.

Lmao.. He has the best sparring partner in Amer Khan for Spence.. I hope the preparation for this fight is a lot better than what I have heard from Brook's team.. He only seems semi-serious about this bout to me.. Spence shouldn't be taken lightly and he is more of a threat than Porter or Carson ever could be..

Comment

Uh huh, the eye is OK. How close is he to 147? Just more in the red column for Kell.

Comment

This Fight Hinges on Weight

If Brook can be the same fighting who walked into the ring with GGG, then he will take Spence to War and Spence will need to be very good to beat him. Possible but not a sure thing.

If the weight impacts Brook, Spence may make it look easier than it should be.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Spence isn't a loudmouth. Spence isn't Jeff Lacy.

You guys are going to learn that the hard way.
            Spence talks, his team talks, the question is can they back it up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
              Valid points however we have yet to see how relentless Spence will be with someone who can also crack. He hasnt faced any punchers that i can recall and because of that hes been able to just walk right thru whatevers thrown at him. Brook has decent power and is also the faster of the two in my opinion. I'm expecting brook to use a lot of movement and counter.

As far as the GGG fight, brook slowed down after taking one too many punches from a mw. Brook is 154lber fighting at ww as is Spence Imo. Spence hits hard he doesn't hit as hard as GGG.

But like I said in my previous post Spence can win I just don't forsee him out boxing brook he's gotta get the K.O. or batter Brook for 7 or 8 rounds to get the decision.
              GGG most likely punchers harder than Spence, but Spence punches more frequently, especially to the body, which is the source of the gas tank.

Not sure who is faster, I consider neither to be a speedster honestly, but maybe I'm spoilt because of having enjoyed an era dominated by two speedsters (Floyd and Manny), having been dominated by two speedsters before that (Pernell Whitaker and Roy Jones).

So comparatively, Spence and Brook look slow AF to me.

You're right that Spence hasn't faced any punchers before, but Brook also faced only one puncher before, and got stopped by said puncher in five rounds and hurt numerous times so he's not one to speak. We don't know how he'll take a punch from a hard punching welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Spence talks, his team talks, the question is can they back it up here.
                Spence doesn't talk that much, really

Kell Brook runs his mouth a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  For sure... and Spence is a southpaw!...

I presume that Brook will have to clinch a lot (Spence is also good when fighting at close range...)

... I don't know: it all depends on Brook's shape after his injury...

I remember that, back in 2006, Malignaggi suffered a fractured right orbital bone and a damaged jaw because of Cotto’s stalking and power... But Paulie didn't quit and lost by a close decision on the scorecards...
                  Agree. I think Brook will be in shape for the fight. I just think he'll be protecting the eye and favoring that side so he might get hit with something he wasn't counting on. Should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                  X