Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton: Rigondeaux is Great, But Not For Me To Make Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there is any chance of a big PPV at lighter divisions it's btw these two. Just say you don't want to risk it and we respect you more.

Comment

The only way Rigondeaux hurts his money is when he beats Frampton and hurts his future earning power.

If he beat Rigo, Frampton would be a top 5 p4p fighter which would double his earning power in future fights.

Hes just taking the safe route because he can.

Comment

Nothing wrong with it. It's no different from Mayweather avoiding Lara.

Lara: I Want Floyd Mayweather For My Next fight!

/
        Last edited by jqSide; 07-31-2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I love Rigo, but Scott Frampton tells no lies. Now LSC on the other hand! What better way to make everyone want to keep supporting you, than to beat Rigo! That would erase last night's defeat @ light speed! I just hope Showtime and Haymon force Selby vs. Gary Russell Jr. next! Let them fight to see who gets Frampton! It's only July! Winner gets Frampton for Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
            It would be profitable, just not as profitable. I'm a fan of Rigo but now he is with ROC there is no reason why he can't start to up his profile more and make sure that he does bring more than a pound to the table..
            Roc nation don't care about him, lets be honest. They're happy for him to go fight on small shows in the UK. He's back in the UK in September on another pretty small card apparently. On BoxNation too where only "hardcore" fans watch because it's subscription, so they know Rigo anyway, so he's not even reaching a new audience.

Roc Nation are not exactly breaking their backs to promote him.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
              122 lb Rigo wanted to fight 118 lb Santa Cruz but Rigo didn't fight 126 lb Nicholas Walters in what woulda been a dream super fight. Rigo can't expect others to take chances if he's not willing to do the same. FOH!
              They should combine all divisions under 130 and make a 125lb . Then there would be a ton of good fights to be made

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                The only way Rigondeaux hurts his money is when he beats Frampton and hurts his future earning power.

If he beat Rigo, Frampton would be a top 5 p4p fighter which would double his earning power in future fights.

/thread.

thanks a lot floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post

Frampton tried to be diplomatic, but it didn't come across well; I wish fighters would be smarter with their words. We fans know that Rigo is probably the most difficult match-up for him, so why doesn't he just say "I've moved into a new division with a bunch of good fighters and I'm going to stake my claim as the best FW in the world" We don't want to hear about this business/money ***** with Dibella fake-snoring in the background. Rigo has been facing these same excuses/complaints since before Donaire. All of this "I'll fight anyone" sweet-talking is completely hollow. I hate when fighters say that.

Comment

Loud and clear, I ducked him before I was a champion, no chance in hell I'd fight him now.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Frampton tried to be diplomatic, but it didn't come across well; I wish fighters would be smarter with their words. We fans know that Rigo is probably the most difficult match-up for him, so why doesn't he just say "I've moved into a new division with a bunch of good fighters and I'm going to stake my claim as the best FW in the world" We don't want to hear about this business/money ***** with Dibella fake-snoring in the background. Rigo has been facing these same excuses/complaints since before Donaire. All of this "I'll fight anyone" sweet-talking is completely hollow. I hate when fighters say that.
                      so why doesnt rigo move up then?

rigo playing hardball by not going to 126 or even 130 where there are money and legacy fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X