The Smile of Irrespressible Sadness: Whitaker vs Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Smile of Irrespressible Sadness: Whitaker vs Chavez

https://imgur.com/a/eWNrU

My breakdown of the worst decision I can remember.
    Last edited by escudo; 10-03-2017, 02:48 PM.

nice breakdown, certainly not the worst decision ever but Sweet Pea should definitely have had his hand raised. One of the best Welters in the history of the sport

Comment

Chavez won the first two rounds but then couldn't do a thing with Whitaker. That was no draw.

Comment

I remember thinking Whitaker won, but I didn't think it was some insane robbery that Diva was claiming.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I remember thinking Whitaker won, but I didn't think it was some insane robbery that Diva was claiming.
          It was an insane robbery. It wasn't even a close fight. Unless you think you can make a case for Chavez winning or even getting a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            It was an insane robbery. It wasn't even a close fight. Unless you think you can make a case for Chavez winning or even getting a draw.
            I just rewatched and had it an 8-4 fight for Whitaker. An insane robbery would have been 10-2 or 11-1.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              I just rewatched and had it an 8-4 fight for Whitaker. An insane robbery would have been 10-2 or 11-1.
              Last time I watched it I had it 9-3 Whitaker. Either way it was clearly a robbery and can't be described as anything other than that. It was not a difficult fight to score.

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
                https://imgur.com/a/eWNrU

My breakdown of the worst decision I can remember.
                If this is the worst decision you can remember......

Comment

The thing that surprised me when I watched the fight back then was how Whitaker was pounding Chavez's body. Previous to the fight I expected it to go the other way around.

Comment

Whitaker deserved the win. It was a robbery.

The sad thing is Frankie Randall is known as the guy who first beat Chavez, that should be on Sweet Pea's resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X