Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Ducked 32 Different Men Over 38 Times?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    With all these threads about fights that should have happened and didn't, I think it is time to once again trot out this set of facts I compiled a while ago.

By no means do I think that all or even most of these are real ducks.

I am posting this to show that sometimes fights we really want to see do not happen even when everything says they should have.

Make of it what you will...

Dec 1998- Manny wins WBC flyweight title. Defends it twice and loses it by KO less than a year later. Spent at least 2 and a half years at flyweight.

Flyweights he never fights:
    WBA champs Hugo Rafael Soto and Leo Gamez
    IBF champs Irene Pacheco and Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson
    WBO champs Ruben Sanchez Leon and Jose Lopez Bueno

June 2001- Beats Ledwaba for IBF super bantamweight title. Defends it 4 times and spends 2 years at the weight.

Super bantamweights he never fights:
    WBC champs Willie Jorrin and Oscar Larios (did fight him later)
    WBA champs Yober Ortega, Yoddamrong Sithyodthong, Osamu Sato and Salim Medjkoune WBO champs Marco Antonio Barrera (did fight him later) and Joan Guzman

November 2003- Wins Ring featherweight title over MAB. Fights as super feather in loss to Eric Morales 3/05.

Featherweights he never fights:
    WBC champ In-Jin Chi
    WBA champ Chris John
    WBO champ Scott Harrison

March 2008- Beats JMM for Ring and WBC Super featherweight title. Fights as super featherweight from 3/05 to 3/08.

Super featherweights he never fights:
    WBA champs Acelino Freitas , Yodsanan Sor Nanthachai, Vincente Moscera, and Edwin Valero, IBF champs Carlos Hernandez, Robbie Peden, Cassius Baloyi, Gairy St. Clair, Malcolm Klassen and Mzonke Fana, WBO champs Acelino Freitas, Diego Corrales, Mike Anchondo, Jorge Barrios, and Joan Guzman

June 2008- Wins WBC lightweight title from David Diaz. Only lightweight fight he ever has.

Lightweights he never fights:
    WBA champs Juan Diaz, Jose Alfaro, Yusuke Kobori, and Nate Campbell, IBF champs Juan Diaz and Nate Campbell
    WBO champs Juan Diaz and Nate Campbell

And of course, the number can be even larger if you discuss his career above lightweight.

There are some good names here, some that would have made intriguing AND lucrative fights.

Would it be right to call some of these ducks?

I appreciate your articulate commas of English, but in slow motion PAC kos evvvvvvryone everywhere.

Never underestimate fools and slow moootion tards are tards.
    Just means you that in real time they are stupider for a longer...amount of time

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      Actually i have perfectly reasonable logic and thinking when talking about why fights didnt or didnt happen.
      Not really dude.

You have a knack for indicting certain fighters for some things while excusing the same behavior in other fighters

when talking about floyd they bring up margarito(ranked #1 and a career high payday) cotto(ranked #1 and career high payday) pac(ranked #1 and career high payday) i'm not really seeing those same conditions for the guys pac ducked...lets dive in deeper shall we!
      See, this is what I mean.

First of all, its been quoted ad nauseum that before Floyd left TR he was willing to fight Margarito, Cotto and others. It didn't happen over money, plain and simple. And on that count, it turns out Floyd was right.

But again, he should fight Margarito instead of Baldomir when it was the same money and Baldomir was the lineal? Or how about he fights 'Cheato instead of the boatload of cash that was DLH?
      When we have Cotto's own braintrust saying Miguel is not ready, that isn't a duck...but when Mayweather doesn't fight him when YOU think he should have, it is?

And you can't sit there and say it wasn't Pac and Arum that screwed up several real chances for the fight for years- hell, it still would never have happened except for some basketball game.

But, it has to be all Mayweather's fault. That's what is so sad about your takes, man.

at 122 he came in as the b-side against a top guy in ledwadba and only then did he get some leverage(hbo still didnt televise all his fights) the only other star/big fight at 122 at that time was against paulie ayala. was that fight possible? ayala was a 118 fighter who moved to 122 and fought the #1 guy bones adams. he then had a rematch with bones adams then moved out of the division for bigger fights against barrera and morales. there simply was no time to fight ayala for pac. the other top ranked fighters were oscar larios and Salim Medjkoune. No big misses there and def no big fights.
      Even if I buy all this (and I don't, not by a longshot) this seems to be the same kind of behavior as other fighters who miss matches against one fighter for bigger paydays with another.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE.

You understand it and explain it away for fighters you like, while no amount of common sense and facts will do if it is a fighter you do not care for.

You casually talk about Manny cherry picking the David Diaz at lightweight as if fights against Nate Campbell or Juan Diaz would not have been both more interesting match-ups and much, much more lucrative.

I am going to stop here because it is useless with you.

Instead, I think I will start compiling a list of contenders he should have fought and didn't since this list was just champs.

Comment

Is this is aimed at people who say Floyd ducked people the last 10 years of his career?

Here's a thought to ponder, Floyd didn't have a promoter and LITERALLY fought whoever he wanted,mwhen he wanted. If a fight didn't get made, it was him and only him who didn't make the fight when the other guy was calling him out.

PAC is/was a slave to Bob Arum. Arum raped him over the years financially. Made whatever fights made Bob the most money.

Every fighter has fights that they don't take for whatever reasons, it's just the nature of the sport. Also important is who they did fight instead of the guy we hoped they would. Did they fight someone considered more dangerous or did they take the easier route time after time.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
          By 2001-2002 he is fighting the best in the world.

Most of these "ducks" come after that.

Good try tho...
          Well, why don't you tell us exactly the circumstances surrounding those ducks? Start with the first duck. Who exactly were supposed to be responsible making fights for him? Were those fighters available? Which network was interested in making those fights? Who were supposed to offer those fights? Did those people step up? Were there offers made? Give me details. You gotta be an idiot to believe he had that kind of power.

Why do these people always make it sound as if fights are that easy to make? Here are Haymon top fighters in the same stable can't even fight each other on a consistent basis. And this guy is talking about an asian man way back in the middle ages.

Last edited by brettWall; 09-09-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
            maybe some of them ,but its impossible to fight everybody
            Exactly. It's like asking Mayweatha the best evah to fight everybody in just one year.

Comment

op forgot to mention that pac ducked all his women and wife while fraud jr brutally ko's all his paid women, men and wife. fraud jr ducks no one.

Comment

Most of the other champs within the divisions were crap. He went for the best typically. Additionally as someone else mentioned, just because there are other champs, it doesn't mean they are eager to fight him. It takes two to tango and the majority weren't calling his name out either. In the end, he went for the biggest money fights in each division which was typically against the best in the divisions (at the lower weights).

Comment

Let us not sacrifice Manny to gods for not having some 498 career fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                    maybe some of them ,but its impossible to fight everybody
                    I'm struggling to think of a named fighter Lennox Lewis DIDN'T fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      I'm struggling to think of a named fighter Lennox Lewis DIDN'T fight.
                      Holyfield also. But they're heavyweights. Harder to avoid fights when there's only a handful of talented guys and no weight classes to escape to.

Comment

Working...
                      X