Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: Two Different Eras, Usyk is The Best of His Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not even a Holyfield fan but as a CW he was a beast. I was pick him to beat Usyk everytime.

Comment

the whole 'evan fields' controversy has really bothered me with holyfield's career. im not naive enough to think he was the only guy juicing but it still bothers me. in a hypothetical matchup between usyk and holyfield id favour the real deal slightly. usyk is a gun whos still writing his story, hes skillful and is strong, dont let his boxing style fool you, he has these guys back peddling all night.
      and to all the guys here who say that hypothetical matchups are a waste of time, i understand your point, however theyre not a waste, theyre fun. thats how we rate guys historically. its also a good indicator to see a guy the size of holy move up to heavyweight, he is similar height to usyk...

Comment

Holyfield over rated ? your a world class dksab
        Last edited by Havoctka; 11-13-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Havoctka View Post
          Holyfield over rated ? your a world class dksab
          Don't sweat it. There is always one. Usually trying to start a flame war so he/she can cuss and insult.

Comment

I am not sure there are very many bigger Usyk fans than me. Been touting him for a while, been defending his skill set and his pure warrior instinct in the ring. Do not understand why he is not an easy top 5 P4P on everyone's list. He is polished, tough, smart in the ring, a good finisher, and has a complete array of offensive skills.

Pick a catch weight, any catch weight. A prime Holyfield beats Usyk 8 out of 10 times. Usyk wins once legit, and once due to bad judging. It is boxing after all.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
              Why do people always feel it necessary to "rate" everyone like this from different eras. You'd never know the outcome unless they actually fought each other, which isn't going to happen. Holyfield was an amazing athlete with a HUGE heart. But as was said "Evan Fields" was also juiced to the moon and looked like a friggin bodybuilder. I mean that has to count for at least a SMALL part of his success. He also fought pretty dirty at times. Usyk has a very special skillset and is a great already just based on what he's already done. Nevermind what he may accomplish in the future. He also is a fantastic role model for others to follow. Why try to downplay either's achievements? What purpose does that serve?
              It doesnt even pay to be objective here because every boxer and even promoters for gods sake have their fangirls who care more about the person than the sport.

Also. They all play the race game and only act tough because they can hide behind a screen.

Usyk is "eastern euro" and because of that alone probably half of boxingscene will discredit him. Since you're new I'm letting you know.

You're right though. What purpose does that serve trying to discredit people? None. People just feel like they're entitled to say whatever they want because they feel they can. So then they do it. They consistently talk out of their ass.

I love Holyfield because of his heart. The dude would take punches and never stop coming. Like I swear the dude died a couple times in the ring and somehow came back. I share the same opinion as you if you could see usyk vs holyfield. I think power wise they're about even, no one is getting KOed seriously, but Holyfield fights hella dirty and will grind and smother you. He would basically Salido usyk. So it would end in probably a SD for Holyfield.

Comment

To be fair if I took the amount of PEDs Holyfield took, I would be world champion too.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                  Holyfield was also absolutely juiced to the gills. Forgot to mention that part, eh Evander?

Lol, I may have to agree. I think Paulie said it best. He said when he was fighting in 20’s his physique was always pretty ripped. But once he got older (late 20’s early 30’s) his physique naturally rounded out, even though he had the same workouts.

Even Ali complained about not being able to get rid of his little gut after he got outta jail. So now when I see fighters like Kell Brook, still sculpted like a statue in his 30’s I now become instantly suspicious.

I don’t even remember Kell Brook looking like this in his 20’s. But now in his 30’s he’s all of a sudden morphed into The Hulk.

Comment

Great interview. I'd say their cruiser runs are very close. Holyfield has the edge since his era has passed and we know what his opponents ended up accomplishing. If Breidis, Gassiev or Glowacki end up doing big things, then he'll only look better in the eyes of the Hall of Fame and fans. Only time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by PoserExposer View Post
                      If you believe Usyk is better than Holyfield, keep it to yourself. Don’t let everyone on NSB know you’re a casual.
                      True. It would suck to be called a casual by the NSB casuals. That never happens on here.

Comment

Working...
                      X