No announcement yet.

Newbie trying to get in shape.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie trying to get in shape.

Well I think the title says everything. Basically I'm just starting boxing and I want to get fit. So one of the most important thing I got to do is to manage and take care of my eating habits.

Now you see I have little to no experience about diets.

So let me give you some info in order to get some info.

I'm gonna be working out 2 per week. For 5 hour per week. And I want to get in shape fairly fast.

What diets do you suggest or even any older threads. If there are any questions just hit me up and I will do my best to answer them

Watch this video! https://youtu.be/YkzcN6G6k9k
    Last edited by Donnie Herrera; 07-17-2017, 05:29 PM.

Comment

im sure people will start posting much more complex threads and bamboozle you with science but as you say you have no experience i will keep it basic

eat organic where you can (main reason people dont eat organic is budget restrictions) but try to eat fresh organic fruit & veg

Water is to be your new best friend, drink at least 2 litres a day, try to keep this as water only but if you get bored, slice a fresh lemon into it or maybe some cucumber & mint

Eat smaller portions but more frequently as opposed to 3 large meals a day

cut out refined sugar, you can get your sugar fix from fructose (sugar in fruit)

dont go calorie counting (unless you are eating silly amounts of pizza etc) your body needs fuel (calories) to help you have energy to work out etc

If you are going to take protein supplements, make sure you invest in a good quality protein, i have found from experience it is better to invest a little more cash on a better quality mixture

Be sensible with what you eat, this isnt rocket science, everyone knows a Krispy Kreme washed down with a gallon of pepsi isnt the best idea you have ever had.

Comment

Ostarine...it has the same effect as a steroid but without the side effects. Once you lose the weight its all about maintenance

Comment

you didn't include height /weight/AGE....THIS IS REALLY NOT POSSIBLE TO ANSWER ON THIS THREAD AND YOUR SPECIFIC GOALS... MAYBE MOJO IDIOT Can answer this ..hes been training 2 years?

Comment

Your first goal should be to meet military PT standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiruni View Post
              Well I think the title says everything. Basically I'm just starting boxing and I want to get fit. So one of the most important thing I got to do is to manage and take care of my eating habits.

Now you see I have little to no experience about diets.

So let me give you some info in order to get some info.

I'm gonna be working out 2 per week. For 5 hour per week. And I want to get in shape fairly fast.

What diets do you suggest or even any older threads. If there are any questions just hit me up and I will do my best to answer them
              2 days a week? What are you going to do the other 5? Geez man, no offense but this thread defines vague. Please include height/weight/age/stature and what your ultimate goal is.

Comment

For good diet to keep yourself healthy, you must ensure it contains rich amount of proteins, ALA , EPA DHA, vitamin B12, iron, zinc, calcium, iodine and vitamin D. As a newbie you should be focused on your training too, as doing any workout which can cause injury can be troublesome for your boxing career.

Comment

You're going to get a mess of different suggestions and opinions here but it will all come down to diet and exercise. The only way to lose weight is to eat in a calorie deficit. If you're not burning more calories than what you're eating, you will never lose any weight. The only way to burn more calories is to move your body more and exercise. Eat less, exercise more. That's it in a nutshell.

Comment

2 days per week isn't going to get you in shape "fairly fast" if at all. 5 hours seems like enough but unless you are already in pretty good shape I doubt you will have the fitness needed to work hard for 2-1/2 hours. How about 5 days a week, 1 hour per session??

Comment

Working...
                    X