No announcement yet.

Rios doesn't beat Abril at any weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PurePugilist216 View Post
    Rios isn’t a bum man, he has above average power, stamina, and chin, is he limited? absolutely but calling him a bum means you just hate the guy

I'll hold fire on his chin and of course hes limited, what sort of a question is that?

By holding fire on his chin I mean hes been buckled, hurt and down several times by absolute nobodies.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      Rios isn't the worst fighter out there. He's very close to one-dimensional, but he's basically good at what he does.

That said, he does lose at literally any weight to Abril. Abril could school him even if he just stayed in decent shape but skipped training camp. "Richar" has the style and skills to completely shut Brandon's game down, that's all. Abril will always have the questions, but Rios will never have the answers.

Gotta laugh at "Rios would stop him next time" comments. Guys, he hardly won a round. He hardly hit the guy. You can't lose practically every round to a guy and almost never hit him, and then miraculously come back and stop him next time. Ain't happening.

Rios should stay away from Abril. Get over it.
      Agreed. I posted something along these lines yesterday. Abril has Rios's number. End of...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Say what you like, he weighed in at 137 then 139 on the second attempt, he may as well of been 140 anyway.

Abril boxes his ears off at any weight.

Stop kidding yourself the weight made all the difference. I told he'd school him the first time round. Too skillful for that slow ass bum.

Rios is the most overrated crock of **** to ever win a world title. He will never beat Abril, hes a joke. Its a mockery to the sport that unskillful load of rubbish is in the top 10.

Yeah he beat a few chinless brawlers, you put him in their with a technician like Abril and he'll get embarrassed everytime. He won't even win a round. He wouldn't beat Broner either or Vasquez or any top 140lber.

Rios is the most overrated fighter in recent history.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          I'll hold fire on his chin and of course hes limited, what sort of a question is that?

By holding fire on his chin I mean hes been buckled, hurt and down several times by absolute nobodies.

Please tell of all of these times Rios has been knocked down, and by who. According to you, there should be many.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
            Even moreso than Baldomir?

Next time, Rios stops Abril.

Baldomir actually beat a very good fighter in Judah. Rios is worse than Baldomir.

Comment

Rios isn’t a bum man, he has above average power, stamina, and chin, is he limited? absolutely but calling him a bum means you just hate the guy

He isn't a bum at all, but he's terribly, and i mean terribly overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                Baldomir actually beat a very good fighter in Judah. Rios is worse than Baldomir.
                And Rios has his zero. So, what are you really saying? That you don't love zeros on certain fighters who aren't black?

Comment

Truth is, it is Rio's intangibles (heart, beard, courage, bravado, grit, etc.) that allow him to elevate further than his skills alone would take him. With that said, he is champion for a reason, it is not just based on his skill set alone. Can he lose? Yes. Get it? Don't hate the playa hate the..... you know the rest. End of Thread.
                  Last edited by Unknown Champ; 03-03-2013, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Alvarado has a bad chin? I think not, Rios is a really good fighter and stop the hating, I think Abril beats any weight as well, but don’t discredit Rios like he’s some bum

Does this look like a good fighter to you? This looks like one of those cartoons or your little kid throwing punches at you while you hold their head out there and they can't reach you...

**** I wish this gif was longer, that was a beautiful uppercut at the end. (watch Rios cover up)

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post

Does this look like a good fighter to you? This looks like one of those cartoons or your little kid throwing punches at you while you hold their head out there and they can't reach you...

**** I wish this gif was longer, that was a beautiful uppercut at the end. (watch Rios cover up)
                      and yet, that one punch, doesn't make up for the ones Rios threw. Standing there and taking shots isn't defense either.

Comment

Working...
                      X