No announcement yet.

feet hurt like a mf when skipping rope

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feet hurt like a mf when skipping rope

whenever i jump rope for like 10 minutes the arches in my feet hurt very bad, usually i try to keep jumping when it happens but i always come to a point where my legs are shaking and every leg movement hurts. I cant even get to the point of feeling tired because my feet are already killing me before then

I always bounce on my toes so flat footed jumping cant be the problem, please help guys

How long you been jumping? It takes time to condition the feet for longer sessions. Do shorter sessions or rounds for a couple weeks then add more time

Comment

What type of surface are you jumping on, and are you heavy?

Comment

You should be bouncing on the balls of your feet, not your toes.

If you're really heavy, do more low impact stuff like walking, elliptical machine, swimming etc. And obviously the key is diet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          What type of surface are you jumping on, and are you heavy?
          im jumping on concrete tiles. Im not really heavy, BMI is 21

Comment

Are you warming up first? I've noticed that if i start my workout with jumping rope I get sore feet. If I do it later in my workout I'm fine.

Comment

Originally posted by smash_and_cash View Post
              im jumping on concrete tiles. Im not really heavy, BMI is 21
              Maybe try jumping on softer surfaces. Pick workout shoes that have good cushioning and arch support.

If you're just starting out don't do too much. Let your feet slowly acclimate.

Comment

Get a rubber mat. I use one even when I jump on wood floors. It makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  Get a rubber mat. I use one even when I jump on wood floors. It makes a big difference.
                  Plus it protects wood floor from scratching

Comment

Originally posted by smash_and_cash View Post
                    whenever i jump rope for like 10 minutes the arches in my feet hurt very bad, usually i try to keep jumping when it happens but i always come to a point where my legs are shaking and every leg movement hurts. I cant even get to the point of feeling tired because my feet are already killing me before then

I always bounce on my toes so flat footed jumping cant be the problem, please help guys
                    Your arches are tendons and it sounds like they are very tight. You need to roll them on a rolling pin and get the tightness out and stretch them or the next stage will be plantar fasciitis. When anything hurts it's time to stop doing what you are doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X