Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Would Pick Brook Over Spence If Not for GGG Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    I think it would have been. But he's fighting Spence anyway, and if Spence wins, he wins, whatever gets said about weight afterwards.
    Once again, I disagree. Only because by putting it out that they wanted him to move to 154, his team is already planting that seed if he loses to Spence.

Notice, the 154 thing only became in issue when they couldn't get Khan or Pacquiao at 147.

If he had gotten either one of those fights, then you can bet your bottom dollar, you wouldn't have heard hearn say, "I'd rather him move to 154 than fight manny or amir."

You ARE hearing that when it comes to Spence though, and it's BS. If his team is concerned about his health, then that should be their concern. It shouldn't depend on how much money he's going to make for a particular fight....you can't have it both ways.

Comment

Well, I guess Brook fans/Spence critics will have an excuse if Brook loses.

Comment

Not trying to bash Brook here but a few weeks ago his team said he can't get up for Spence then the other day they say how dangerous he is .

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
          Once again, I disagree. Only because by putting it out that they wanted him to move to 154, his team is already planting that seed if he loses to Spence.

Notice, the 154 thing only became in issue when they couldn't get Khan or Pacquiao at 147.

If he had gotten either one of those fights, then you can bet your bottom dollar, you wouldn't have heard hearn say, "I'd rather him move to 154 than fight manny or amir."

You ARE hearing that when it comes to Spence though, and it's BS. If his team is concerned about his health, then that should be their concern. It shouldn't depend on how much money he's going to make for a particular fight....you can't have it both ways.
          Man, you are VERY naive!

Comment

Spence in a no win scenario. if he loses, he lost to a guy with one eye. if he wins, he beat a guy with one eye.

Brook has nothing to lose here, the excuse is already packaged and ready to go upon defeat.

the fight that will genuinely give Spence his props is beating the winner of Thurman/Garcia.

that GGG money grab by Brook ruined this fight for me. Spence will get no credit. period.

Comment

Wont matter, spence aint ready for this level of opposition.

Comment

Well put. They were desperate to get the Khan fight at 147. If they did, we wouldn't hear a word about all these lame excuses. Who cares.

Brook will be in for a stiff test. He better come prepared, without any excuses, after the fact.

Comment

The weight thing has been an issue for years because Brook has always been big at the weight. Since his last fight was at 160 and making weight usually gets more difficult as you get older obviously it's even more of an issue now.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    Wont matter, spence aint ready for this level of opposition.
                    Spence put up a better fight against Mayweather in their sparring than Pacquiao against Mayweather in May 2nd. Love to see him challenge Pacquiao after he beats Brooks. And fight the winner of Garcia and Thurman in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                      Yep, like Pac blew up Margacheato's face. It came apart easily in the Cotto fight.
                      Same as vargas face after fighting miura and salido

Comment

Working...
                      X