Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets clear something up about Ruiz's nationality ok?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    he moved to mexico when he was young, fought for the mexican national team, turned pro in mexico. his grandfather owned a gym in mexicali and that's where he learned to box, trained, and fought as an amateur. this is all well documented and i urge you to do some research. he almost qualified for the mexican olympic team. he had over 100 amateur fights as an amateur in mexico and fighting internationally representing mexico. he was a 2x junior olympic champ in mexico! you don't know what you're talking about if you think he did that in the US and need to do some research.
    My research (the little I did ) said he graduated from Imperial High School. If he moved back to Mexico then I guess he kept a mailing address in that school district.

Comment

• It is easy to confuse nationality and ethnicity, but there is a major difference between them.

Nationality is the relationship between a person and the political state to which he belongs or is affiliated. In this case, American.

Ethnicity is the identification of a person with a particular racial, cultural, or religious group. In this case Mexican.

I'm an 8th generation Californio. My Dad's family has been in California since the early 1800's. My Mom is a 2nd generation Mexican-American with most of her side of the family coming from Sinaloa.

In the end, we speak spanish, some native and of course, english.

Coming from where Andy is from and where I have family as well, its easy to say Mexican, because I would say its about 93% Mexican in that area. Throw in the fact that he grew up on both sides of the border and trained with the Mexican National team for the Olympics and can I see why he calls himself Mexican. I'm really not sure what the fuss is about anyway cause white americans, black americans and most other non mexican americans werent claiming him nor giving him a chance vs AJ anyways

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        My research (the little I did ) said he graduated from Imperial High School. If he moved back to Mexico then I guess he kept a mailing address in that school district.
        I lived in San diego for awhile, Chula Vista to be exact and kids from TJ used to go to high school all over San Diego County. thats nothing new tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          We left England and founded a better country. We took it from the stone age and made it worth something.
          Nah, your kind was kicked out from England/Ireland, you took perfectly good land from the Natives, brought slaves from Africa to do your labour... Yeah, some heritage you have! You feel so proud about a country that did not exist a few hundred years ago, founded in blood, slavery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
            My comprehension skillzzzzzzzzzz are mad legit bruh... but it's damn near impossible to comprehend your nonsensical sh#t... so work on that first then we can talk...
            Then don't tell me show me your comprehension skills... instead of acting like an idiot. Idiots have some tendencies, they ignore the points others make and have no problem repeating something innane that the low IQ part of the bell curve just cannot comprehend on a particular thread.

For example, that Ruiz could be A Mexican Aztec Warrior and an American as well. Another tendency is for idiots to cap on spelling. Spelling does not really count for much, it tends to change and the real skill is knowing what words mean, not how to win spelling bees.

Show me the monay!!!! speak not and paint for me a picture that I may see, set an example!

Comment

• Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
              Nah, your kind was kicked out from England/Ireland, you took perfectly good land from the Natives, brought slaves from Africa to do your labour... Yeah, some heritage you have! You feel so proud about a country that did not exist a few hundred years ago, founded in blood, slavery.
              in a million years you short fat human sacrificing reta rds could not do what the white man did in 50 years. 300 Spainards conquered your whole empire. you run from your failed narco state which is 500 years behind the US then tell everybody how great your shi thole is. that fat slob ruiz aint an American but a traitor that fought for the messican team

Comment

• Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                the Aztec cavemen sacrificed over a million fellow indians

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  Then don't tell me show me your comprehension skills... instead of acting like an idiot. Idiots have some tendencies, they ignore the points others make and have no problem repeating something innane that the low IQ part of the bell curve just cannot comprehend on a particular thread.

For example, that Ruiz could be A Mexican Aztec Warrior and an American as well. Another tendency is for idiots to cap on spelling. Spelling does not really count for much, it tends to change and the real skill is knowing what words mean, not how to win spelling bees.

Show me the monay!!!! speak not and paint for me a picture that I may see, set an example!

Comment

• His momma call him Mexican....Imma call him Mexican

Honestly, after that asswhoppin he dished out, dude can call himself a unicorn for all I care. He's earned the right.

He may technically be American, but if what the others here have stated is true, I have no problem with him identifying as Mexican.

Comment

• I identify as british because my family was owned by a master with english heritage

Comment

Working...
                      X