Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Let's Settle This!] Was Fury robbed of a W?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    Fury won. Boxing’s politics ruined the true outcome.
    Not the first fight, nor the last, we will have to endure as boxing fans sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldro View Post
      Huge Wilder fan here but our guy was purely striking air for 10 out of those 12 rounds. Fury won, no question about it and it hurts to see Wilder claim otherwise.
      We need a rematch. The Fans demand it.

Comment

• No, I thought the fight was very close and was up for grabs. The onus was on Fury to make sure he won the fight and left everything behind but he didn't do that.

The burden of proof was on him to take the champion's title away from him and yet he failed to do just that. He played it too safe and cautious by not taking enough risks or chances and by trying not to lose which ended up costing him the fight in the end.

Ring generalship favors champions not challengers like Tyson Fury. Effective aggressiveness favors the challengers against champions.

All Fury needed to do was just win one more round and then that Green belt would have been all his but no. He neither tried hard enough or wanted it badly enough in order to do so.

He chose to coast to the scorecards instead of just fighting.

Comment

• I voted he deserved the win. Just to argue semantics though I wouldn't call it a robbery, if he had stayed on his feet for the 12th he takes an SD win. Possible 1 judge was paid off but not the other 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I voted he deserved the win. Just to argue semantics though I wouldn't call it a robbery, if he had stayed on his feet for the 12th he takes an SD win. Possible 1 judge was paid off but not the other 2.

This makes sense, I can agree with at least a split decision win, although even one judge being bought is despicable.

Comment

Working...
            X