Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali vs Benny Leonard - Who Ranks Higher P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a 'humble' response to a zionist somewhere in Stupid **** land......

apparently average age = tougher opponent

Sonny Liston was coming off his two most brutal victories over Floyd Patterson when Ali demolished him, twice....Liston's only career loss up until that point had been a SD loss to relative unknown Marty Marshall

George Foreman was an undefeated Heavyweight juggernaught, who ammassed a 40-0 record and wins over an undefeated Joe Frazier and Ken Norton by the time he met Ali in Zaire...

Joe Frazier, rated amongst the Top 10 greatest heavies of all time, had only 1 defeat when Ali beat him....cynics will say Frazier was past prime and lost to Foreman.....well, then every victory of Ali's career post-1970 was a win past his prime

the higher the age doesn't necesarilly mean they cannot be prime or very close to....

Benny Leonard fought practically every note worthy fighter of his era, even past prime so i am not knocking him there.....however, the available footage of his fights is very limited and a large portion of his career is based on newspaper articles......

IMO, Ali's resume P4P matches any fighter in history,

Sonny Liston 2
    Floyd Patterson 2
    Joe Frazier 3
    Bob Foster
    Ken Norton 3
    George Foreman
    Earnie Shavers
    Archie Moore
    Buster Mathis
    Jimmy Ellis
    Ron Lyle
    Jimmy Young
    Jerry Quarry
    Karl Mildenberger

and the list goes on....

Personally i rank Ali as the greatest heavyweight in history - his level of competition, the fact he was the first 3 time Heavyweight Champion, the most graceful heavyweight in history with an iron chin and tremendous courage etc etc leads me to believe he was > Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
      Since when is vaseline used for butt sex?

Don't worry,dunce.We don't judge others here.

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
      and you say ali's resume is not even close to robinson's?

It may not be,but Robinson's ducking of virtually every world class black fighter can not be excused.

Robinson apologists have attempted to cover this up for years when spouting the same old garbage about Robby.

Comment

Originally posted by Snopkins View Post
        It may not be,but Robinson's ducking of virtually every world class black fighter can not be excused.

Robinson apologists have attempted to cover this up for years when spouting the same old garbage about Robby.
        Who did Robinson duck, according to you?

Comment

lol you can't be serious mate???? which Robinson are you talking about??? surely its not Sugar Ray

Comment

Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
            Who did Robinson duck, according to you?
            He'll come up with middleweights and light heavyweights when Robinson was no more than a welterweight himself and fought every single ranked black welterweight including Kid Gavilan, "Sugar" George Costner, California Jackie Wilson, etc.

The only one that Robinson can be accused of avoiding during his prime years is Charley Burley. Even then Burley was making his name as a middleweight when Robinson was the uncrowned welterweight champion of the world.

Comment

Ali !! best heavyweight ever

Comment

Seems like you always feel the need to put down many of the greats whether it be Robby, Duran or Frazier. How about showing us your top 10 list of p4p fighters and explaining your choices for a change?

Comment

Who are you to demand such a thing from me,Gabby?

Would you like me to post a list just so you can completely pick it apart and discredit each choice? Lol.No chance!

I don't have a top ten heavyweight list,nevermind some hokey pokey p4p list.

Comment

I picked benny leonard because he was not just known as the king of the lightweights , he was also a great fighter overall , going up to welterweight to fight for the championship of the world there. But among popularity it all goe to ali who really made an impact of the sport inside and outside the ring.

Comment

Who are you to demand such a thing from me,Gabby?

Would you like me to post a list just so you can completely pick it apart and discredit each choice? Lol.No chance!

I don't have a top ten heavyweight list,nevermind some hokey pokey p4p list.

I haven't demanded anything, only asked. But if you don't have your own list, how can you criticize anyone elses rankings of fighters? What are you going by? And why are you so afraid to have a list picked apart anyway? You're the one always saying this is just the internet not the real world. Do you suddenly fear my opinion of you or any list you might post? Man up.

Comment

Working...
                      X