Just rewatched Pacquiao vs Clottey...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
    I agree!

FLoyd's inside game is criminally underrated, and if he takes this route (where Manny sucks in this particular facet) it's game over for Pacquiao.

That is, if Floyd can come close. Floyd can stay in the pocket but he needs to neutralize those flurries of power punches by Pacquiao to be successful going inside.
    Interesting points by you and dazed. I'm thinking if he does this the judges will incorrectly score blocked punches. This is a recipe for a UD loss.

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
      In what world?

We are talking about Josh Clottey here..his best win is Zab Judah. And, he is known for losing close fights. Please stop overrating Josh because he fought Manny, seriously.
      I'm sorry but if you don't believe Clottey has a good chance of beating Mosley, you don't have a clue about boxing.

I think he'd win fairly easily. Look at their styles, Mosley isn't even as strong as Clottey, hits harder granted but what will that do to Clottey? Not much at all. Clottey is more accurate, better defence and will pick Shane off.

Last edited by boxasmash; 09-08-2010, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
        I'm sorry but if you don't believe Clottey has a good chance of beating Mosley, you don't have a clue about boxing.

I think he'd win fairly easily. Look at their styles, Mosley isn't even as strong as Clottey, hits harder granted but what will that do to Clottey? Not much at all. Clottey is more accurate, better defence and will pick Shane off.
        Sorry mate but I disagree (and I'm sure Margarito will too).

A lotta people sleep on Shane's power, and Clottey has nothing virtually to put on the table to beat Sugar Shane.

The only fight Clottey was accurate was Pacquiao, because of the reasons I stated previous posts, and we cannot call folding in a shell all fight long "better defense".

I just don't see it.

Comment

Come on be serious guys i am 100% sure Cotto would have got a wide UD over Clottey if it weren't for the huge cut he suffered early. Lets be honest Clottey could have won that too but he froze as he usually does.. i just don't see him troubling Mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Copeland View Post
            I'll give you bradley but no way in hell does Alexander beat Clottey at 147. That is ****in ridiculous.

Honestly..... I truly believe Clottey is about as worse of a matchup Shane could take at this point.
            I wouldn't even give him Bradley....I mean that guy leaves himself WIDE open and I'm not sure about his chin at welterweight. I know he has high volume of punches but hes open even when he doesn't punch and Clottey would rip him apart if he fights the way he did in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR FERGIE View Post
              Come on be serious guys i am 100% sure Cotto would have got a wide UD over Clottey if it weren't for the huge cut he suffered early. Lets be honest Clottey could have won that too but he froze as he usually does.. i just don't see him troubling Mosley
              Its ok. Boxasamsh is like a lot ofposters here. Before the Pac fight Clottey was a journeyman. Somehow fighting Pac suddenly turned him into a great elite welterweight.

I always like it when they say well he beat Zab. Then you go to anothe thread and the same poster says " Floyd cherry picked he fought Zab instead of....".

I think Mosley beats Clottey easily.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post

Its too early for you to be talking this wreckless, dude. Mosley isn't even as strong as Clottey? And, again, we are talking about a guy that lost every big fight that he has EVER been in. I look at styles, I sure do. With that, once Shane lands those big shots, that will keep Clottey right in that shell like Manny had him in that shell. That is what Shane's power will do to Clottey. Shane doesn't lose to Clottey back then, now, or ever.

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
                  Its too early for you to be talking this wreckless, dude. Mosley isn't even as strong as Clottey? And, again, we are talking about a guy that lost every big fight that he has EVER been in. I look at styles, I sure do. With that, once Shane lands those big shots, that will keep Clottey right in that shell like Manny had him in that shell. That is what Shane's power will do to Clottey. Shane doesn't lose to Clottey back then, now, or ever.
                  He got robbed in that Cotto fight. But anyways imo Shane wouldn't be able to land anything good....When he doesnt see an opening he doesn't do anything anymore and Clottey would just tee off.

Comment

Working...
                  X